User Tag List

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

I had Mazda call me after I filled in a survey and indicated that I was not satisfied because the dealer was not able to fix the problem.

They told me they were not aware of a problem with the model and that the dealer would go on a road test with me. I told him they can wait till my next service (as annoying as it is).

I mentioned that a number of people on the MPS forums were having similar issues and the Mazda representative’s comment was along the lines 'we don't read forums'.

What can you do? I didn’t realise I would be a ‘Beta’ tester buying a new car. Lesson learnt.

do u guys get this stale smell coming from the vents after u turn off the air con?
    Ive had it ever since the red dust storm...im thinkin it mite be some dirty filters or something.

i know a few other 3 owners had same problem.

Ive mentioned it to mazda at my last service and they said its normal.

Replaced filter.. (added a carbon sheet too) smell gone

so should i do this myself?and where do i buy a filter from??

Mazda unfortunately..

Carbon filter sourced from (borrowed)... well around the place. But I believe you could find one.. I dont even know where it is on the Gen 2..

Fark mazda service

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Smeg Rangehood Charcoal Filter Material - Part # FIL286 - eBay, Rangehoods, Appliances, Home. (end time 14-May-10 15:15:39 AEST)

Maybe that would work.. I just searched google for 30 secs.. maybe you may find something better

thank you Doc for your fountain of knowledge.
    Farken Mazda Service.

Im not gonna bother goin to them for my 20k service. Tunehouse sounds the goods.

Hey arden, turn your a/c on turn fan up (middle to high) open dr door and pass door,spray either Glenn 20 or llysol into air intake between bonnet and windscreen. Let run for 10 minutes .dont empty the can into it either.Works for me.

Tune house is the place to go.. awesome service.

Oldhead.. thats a simpler approach.. Wish I had of thought of that.

Farken dust storm, you should have seen what it done to my aircraft.

Doc

Hope it didnt get into the jet/turbines.Just make sure the air hostesses have to wear dust masks.

it got everywhere.
    Was a pain in the ass

They normally complain about burning oil smell.. so this was prob a welcome change..

Doc ,great news about cotn,s new DP,No CELs ,i got an itchy right foot at the moment ,cant wait to do the drive down.1000klms ,but ill enjoy the drive,get to know the car a bit better.

Yeah.. Excellent stuff..When you going to come down?

Hi Guys,

I read this thread and Deja Vu! I've had mine 2 weeks and noticed the same problems. I mention the knocking in the front end but they couldn't find noise. Ditto with the cruise control.

Now I know of the other incedents from other members, I'll be sure to keep them honest.

Disengaging Cruise control. 2200klms in 3 days . same problem as others. Every down hill grade the cruise would fail to hold . Frustrating ,but i found that if i stabbed the throttle gently when the cruise disengaged ,it would re.engage straight away. Lets see what my dealer says?????.

I too had the cruise do the downhill disengage trick during the week. I will be due for my 30,000km service in a month so will get them to log with Mazda HQ.

16. Default

Another one here for cruise control issues

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    I've alerted my dealership of it, HQ asked the dealership some questions, to which I answered.

I also alerted to the 12 or so posts on here of other peoples experiences regarding this same issue - which was apparently forwarded to HQ.
    I had this issue for the first time on the weekend on a run up to the Sunshine Coast. It was pretty annoying!!!!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Typical mazda dealer responce today! We have never heard of this problem. They want my car for evaluation, told them to get nicked NO ONE will be driving it. I will take there shop foreman for a drive only. Told them that heaps of MPS,s where having similar probs, and asked if Mazda had a tech sheet issued yet for this known prob. Negative answer.

19. Default

I thought Mazda was having an involvement in this forum... Appears not.

Friggin cowards.

I NEVER thought it would happen either Ward......dissapointing.....

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast