User Tag List

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

1. Default

Just had the 1000km service done, the bump noise coming from the tailgate is the lock resetting itself, only occurs when raising the tailgate, so that is that problem solved.

Told then about the bad knock coming from either the tailgate (which was ruled out above) or the rear suspension. As soon as I said this the service fellow suggested it would be the rear sway bars. Picked the car up and they had tightened the rear sway bar, noise gone!!!

I still get a knock in the front suspension when reversing on opposite lock, like part way through a 3 point turn. Have the 20,000km service on Tuesday, will get them to look at it again (has been there since newish).

Windscreen needs replacing - first quote of $310 seemed reasonable, I confirmed this was to suit Luxury with auto wipers etc ... they came back to me at $1100 !! I don't seem to mind the 1 ft crack in the screen considering the car is 5mths old with 20,000km. (Bound to happen again soon!)

This one is not really a "problem", but I really don't like these tyres. They only have about 5000km left in them, so going to take advantage of the "4 for 3" deal on Goodyear at the moment and get the Eagle F1's on. I should get about 50,000km out of a set and a better all round tyre.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

I get a front knock at full lock when doing 3 point turn.

will prolly raise it at my 20,000 service

And this is why I didn't buy another Mazda!!

5. Default

bloody knocking.... you'll end up getting mazda to fix it so many times, then they will end up saying, we dont know what it is, and by that stage its your endlinks and shocks, and Mazda will be in so much denial, and you're doing your head in everytime you hit a bump, that you'll end up spending $2k on a decent set of Coilovers and end links that finally fix the problem.... FFS

Confirmed by Mazda:

The knock is NOT something to be worried about, the new 6 does it, as does the CX-7, does NOT effect anything.

They told me this after Mazda Australia came down and took the SP25 for a day trying to work it out, after numerous changes to the bushes and strut arms, the knock is still there.
    The knock should only occur when the wheels are turned.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    Confirmed by Mazda:

The knock is NOT something to be worried about, the new 6 does it, as does the CX-7, does NOT effect anything.

They told me this after Mazda Australia came down and took the SP25 for a day trying to work it out, after numerous changes to the bushes and strut arms, the knock is still there.
    The knock should only occur when the wheels are turned.
    um...... sorry what did I say above?
    Just thought I'd add to this and say that my MPS had done 8000km when I replaced the shocks & endlinks after numerous efforts by Mazda to fix the problem... Guess what, they were FARKKKKED!
    Last edited by Wardski; 30-03-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Yeah im half asleep tonight Ward, my bad

9. Default

Yeah im half asleep tonight Ward, my bad
    Its all cool dude. All I can say is start saving for some decent coil overs..

On the way already

11. Default

On the way already
    Good man.

Holy crap, I hadn't considered that the windscreen would be costly due to the sensors...maybe time to take out the option for windscreen replacement on my insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by tgold View Post
    Just had the 1000km service done, the bump noise coming from the tailgate is the lock resetting itself, only occurs when raising the tailgate, so that is that problem solved.
    I also wondered what this noise was, thanks for the answer! I've also noticed that if you don't open the tailgate fully,then try to close it again it won't close properly. Thought I had a dodgy tailgate when it first started happening but have sorted it now. Also had to get used to not having to slam it shut, just kind of close it to half way and it does the rest.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Wow, I've been slamming that sucker like I do my wife's Forester, I'll have to try being more gentle if the force isn't required.

15. Default

Maybe we need a Tips n Tricks thread for the new Gen II MPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    Wow, I've been slamming that sucker like I do my wife's Forester, I'll have to try being more gentle if the force isn't required.
    Yeah me too, I'm a little heavy handed at the best of times then I noticed the spoiler shake pretty badly one day when I slammed the boot - was scared it would snap off so I started being a little more careful with it and that's how I noticed brute force wasn't required!!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    Holy crap, I hadn't considered that the windscreen would be costly due to the sensors...maybe time to take out the option for windscreen replacement on my insurance.
    Windscreen replacement option is a great extra to get on your insurance IMO esp as the MPS windscreens are way more expensive than the normal 3 or 6 ones ...
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

18. Default

Cruise Control Disengages itself.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS 250 PLUS View Post
    It's a while until my next service but I'll let you know if I get an outcome. If you have one in the meantime, let me know!!
    Update - had the 6 month service yesterday and reported the cruise control disengaging after travelling down a slope and of course the dealer could not emulate the problem.

What they have offered to do is submit a report to Mazda for me. However, they said that until Mazda HQ had received a number of similar reports, they will probably take no action.

They suggested that if I knew of other MPSClub members who had reported the same problem, I should ask all of them to ensure they insist their dealer submit a report to Mazda and to inform the dealer that you know other GenII owners who are having their dealer submit reports on exactly the same issue.

They can't ignore it for long eh!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS 250 PLUS View Post
    Cruise Control Disengages itself.

Update - had the 6 month service yesterday and reported the cruise control disengaging after travelling down a slope and of course the dealer could not emulate the problem.

What they have offered to do is submit a report to Mazda for me. However, they said that until Mazda HQ had received a number of similar reports, they will probably take no action.

They suggested that if I knew of other MPSClub members who had reported the same problem, I should ask all of them to ensure they insist their dealer submit a report to Mazda and to inform the dealer that you know other GenII owners who are having their dealer submit reports on exactly the same issue.

They can't ignore it for long eh!
    I've alerted my dealership of it, HQ asked the dealership some questions, to which I answered.

I also alerted to the 12 or so posts on here of other peoples experiences regarding this same issue - which was apparently forwarded to HQ.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    I've alerted my dealership of it, HQ asked the dealership some questions, to which I answered.

I also alerted to the 12 or so posts on here of other peoples experiences regarding this same issue - which was apparently forwarded to HQ.
    Excellent. Maybe we'll see a result on it soon then.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast