User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Quote Originally Posted by MPS 250 PLUS View Post
    I've only had one issue which is not serious but certainly annoying.

My cruise control occasionally dissengages itself. The issue only happens after the car has been travelling on slight downhill sections, once you reach the bottom, the cruise doesn't maintain your set speed and starts to slow down. Once it's slowed by more than approx 10km's, it simply dissengages itself and the cruise light goes from green to amber.

Will have it looked at at the next service.

+1 for this problem. Looks like it could be a common problem, my car does exactly as described.
    It's as if the car 'forgets' to accelerate as it goes up the hill. It doesn't even seem try to accelerate as the boost guage does not move.

However, when I feel the car not accelerate, I can give it a little right foot and the car 'remembers' to accelerate again and the cruise control does not cancel.

Happens about 2-3 times between Sydney & Canberra. Service people told me the car will cancel cruise if the speed drops too much and could not replicate the problem. eh..

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    +1 for this problem. Looks like it could be a common problem, my car does exactly as described.
    It's as if the car 'forgets' to accelerate as it goes up the hill. It doesn't even seem try to accelerate as the boost guage does not move.

However, when I feel the car not accelerate, I can give it a little right foot and the car 'remembers' to accelerate again and the cruise control does not cancel.

Happens about 2-3 times between Sydney & Canberra. Service people told me the car will cancel cruise if the speed drops too much and could not replicate the problem. eh..
    The old 'couldn't replicate the problem' issue! I will take the tech for a run and show him.

Let's keep an eye on this and try and reach a fix.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

happened in my car over the weekend also.. coming back from newcastle to sydney on the freeway.. cruise control on, heading down the last hill before the freeway ends.. seemed to me that the car didn't have to accelerate or do anything for X seconds down the hill, so disengages cruise control.??

ie in my case i wasn't heading back up a hill waiting for it to accelerate. it disengaged before the bottom of the hill from memory.

4. Default

[QUOTE=tonks39;87455]happened in my car over the weekend also.. coming back from newcastle to sydney on the freeway.. cruise control on, heading down the last hill before the freeway ends.. seemed to me that the car didn't have to accelerate or do anything for X seconds down the hill, so disengages cruise control.??

ie in my case i wasn't heading back up a hill waiting for it to accelerate. it disengaged before the bottom of the hill from memory.[/QUOTES

Seems similar. Essentially, if cruise is switched on and the car is coasting down a hill, once it gets to the bottom, it's like it forgets to keep the gas on to maintain your set speed.

5. Default

Mine did exactly the same too. Was on the freeway heading into Melbourne. Went up a hill and then on the way down the slope, at the bottom of the hill, the cruise control disengaged .

6. Default

Seems like it's not only the Aussies having a problem with this - see I have a 2010 MazdaSpeed3 and I'm having a probl... - JustAnswer

Perhaps we all should lodge the issue with Mazda Australia.

Interesting. Glad I'm not the only one. It realy does seem like a 'software glitch' in the cruise control.

I would be interested to see if anyone has done any diagnostics with a Dashhawk (or similar) on things like the throtle position to see if it actualy does re-open at all.

Mine is 4 months old (4000km) and was just perfect - until I reversed into a concrete post at some speed in a dark underground car park with my rear window all spattered in rain after a 16 hr work day - yesterday! I feel bad - the car didn't deserve callous driving like that.

Just to come to AAMIs defence - I phoned at 00:20AM and it took less than 5 minutes to process the claim and get a time for drop off and a hire car next week. And my rating 1 is all 'preserved'. I'll let you know how it turns out repair wise. The tailgate and bumper and whatever got bent underneath needs attention but car perfectly drivable.

Anyway. I'm just venting....
    2009 Gen 2 - ECUTEK tune, downpipe, all motor mounts, K&N filter, DBA rotors and braided lines, antilift and camber correction bushes, Whiteline ARB F&R, new organic clutch (300hp), Federal 595RSRs = 189kW 420NM ATW at Mercury Motorsports Newmarket

Since I'm about to place my order for my new MPS I was a bit afraid to read this thread but the most common problem could be much worse than a mis-reading external temp or glitchy cruise control.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    Since I'm about to place my order for my new MPS I was a bit afraid to read this thread but the most common problem could be much worse than a mis-reading external temp or glitchy cruise control.
    Indeed it could be. Even with little gremlins like these, it still brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it!

I also get the cruise control problem, have not had it looked into yet. Service is due this month so I will mention it and see what happens.

That's the only problem I have - nearly 6000kms now.
    Last edited by holotropik; 28-02-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Mine is 1000km's old, gettin grinding sounds when the steering wheel is close to full lock. will chuck it on a hoist and check it out but should be fixed by warranty when i take it down to Mazda soon

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPS 250 PLUS View Post
    I've only had one issue which is not serious but certainly annoying.

My cruise control occasionally dissengages itself. The issue only happens after the car has been travelling on slight downhill sections, once you reach the bottom, the cruise doesn't maintain your set speed and starts to slow down. Once it's slowed by more than approx 10km's, it simply dissengages itself and the cruise light goes from green to amber.

Will have it looked at at the next service.

Ive had this exact same drama ... but otherwise all clear

Over 6 months and 13,000km's and has not missed a beat. As with Shiv the 10,000km service just under $200 so no complaints here.

15. Default

Hi,
    I seem to have a clunking sound over large bumps coming from the right rear suspension on a Gen II with only 1000km on it. Other then that is runs perfect. I will get them to have a look at the suspension at the 1000km service.

I keep setting the voice comm volume on the GPS to Mute but every time I turn off the ignition it set itself to the default level, is this normal? Is there some way to set the default to mute?

I experienced the down hill cruise control problem this morning, I have my 1000km service on Friday so I'll mention it but going off what everyone else has said I'm not holding my breath on a solution.

I thought my cruise was all ok - and it too, disengages itself on downhill runs - 3 times over 300km.

Edit:

My local dealership have heard nothing about this cruise issue. Advised that many people have experienced this (offer for them to read this thread).

Sounds like something we need to followup?
    Last edited by CharlieBrown; 29-03-2010 at 03:03 PM.

19. Default

Has anyone checked the user manual, is this supposed to happen as a safety precaution? I remember having the same issue with my 07 MPS on the odd occasion...

I reported this to my dealer on Friday too, they claim to have never heard of it, I also informed them of this thread. I have a long downhill stretch I travel every day so I'm going to see if I can reproduce it on a regular basis and if I have to will take a Mazda mechanic on a ride-along to show them.

I can't see how this could be a safety feature, I've had several cars over the years with cruise control and none has done this.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast