User Tag List

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Ive gotta be getting better than in the 300's klms out of a FULL tank though?

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    Ive gotta be getting better than in the 300's klms out of a FULL tank though?
    You are.... you're getting 360km per tank

j/ks

It's dependant on a whole lot of things though mate. Jase mentioned a couple of them above, but it can also be related to your driving style, what sort of traffic you drive in, etc etc etc.

If you're boosting hard a lot, it will smash your fuel economy. It may get a bit better as your engine wears in, but I wouldn't expect miracles

I'm not saying there isn't anything wrong, just that there are a mountain of variables and I'd wait until at least 5000k before starting to worry too much
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Ok, thanks CF.
    Yeah, I just get a little impatient... gotta keep remembering it's still only new...!

Heheh no worries

As I've mentioned before in the forums here I don't personally pay too much attention to my fuel mileage, but I probably average a little over 400km a tank (fill up roughly every week and a half to two weeks. There's a little bit of freeway driving in that too (only about 6kms a day though spent on freeway, the rest is in reasonably heavy traffic)

FWIW, when I drove it to Bathurst early this year I was getting roughly 800km out of a tank. Cruise control on 110km in 6th gear 90% of the way

Bottom line though, if anyone buys these cars for fuel economy they're going to be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I've seen this discussed before and have always got around 450 to 500 kms per tank from day one with peak hour driving and a bit of hard driving occasionally read daily. Nearly 14,000 kms on clock now.

Used to get 500 to 550 in my Gen I.

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    I've just noticed over the weekend, that my GenII MPS has only returned 360-odd klms from the last FULL tank of fuel.
    Already the low fuel warning light has lit up.

The fuel economy readout on the display says 11.9L/100klms!
    The car is only 2,600klms old.

Is this normal fuel economy or is something wrong?

Muz
    Hi Muz,

I rarely get 400km out of a tank unless I've done highway driving.

I predominantly use V-Power, sometimes BP Ultimate. Mine has 24,500km on the clock and this has been the norm the whole time I've had the car.

Linda

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Just had word from Mazda that my display screen has arrived ready for my service on the 16th of August. It's being swapped out because the current one has mould growing behind it. Wasn't at all embarrassing when a couple of the guys from the XR5 club sat in Leelmo and asked what the two funny little dots were on the Sat Nav screen .

Very, very nervous I'm going to get the car back with creaks and rattles, fingers crossed they'll do the job right the first time!!!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

I have read the whole thread and most of these problems are with My 09 3 MPS GenII

- Cruise Issue (Will bring up with my Dealer)
    - GPS Voice. I can put it on mute, but when i turn the car of and the on, it is back on the last audible volume)
    - Front Mat is worn thru in about 4months of driving (normal leather work shoes worn)
    - Sat Nav screen has dots behind it
    - Knocking sound coming from front of car when accelerating from stopped position (or from reversing)

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I have read the whole thread and most of these problems are with My 09 3 MPS GenII

- Cruise Issue (Will bring up with my Dealer)
    - GPS Voice. I can put it on mute, but when i turn the car of and the on, it is back on the last audible volume)
    - Front Mat is worn thru in about 4months of driving (normal leather work shoes worn)
    - Sat Nav screen has dots behind it
    - Knocking sound coming from front of car when accelerating from stopped position (or from reversing)
    Hi slixx,

I've just had a PCM update done on mine to fix the cruise control issue. Keep on them about it, I had to hassle my service dept to get it done. I haven't had the chance to test it yet, am going out to Qld Raceway tomorrow so I'll test it on the highway then.
    I'd be interested to know if there is a fix for the GPS voice, because it annoys the hell out of me having to mute it every time!!!
    I've also just had my sat nav screen replaced under warranty. I started with 2 little dots of mould that gradually grey bigger and a couple more smaller ones started to appear just before I had it done last Tuesday.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Cruise issue has been resolved on mine, had to hassle Mazda directly and call them to get them to call Eurocars to sort the PCM update.

However now done, there is no problem, drove up the F3 on the weekend which is where I had it switch off the majority the time.

All good.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Cruise issue has been resolved on mine, had to hassle Mazda directly and call them to get them to call Eurocars to sort the PCM update.

However now done, there is no problem, drove up the F3 on the weekend which is where I had it switch off the majority the time.

All good.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    Well that's good news about the cruise control, but the GPS voice really s**ts me

Also I can't believe how quickly the mat wore out. I'm guessing this isn't a warranty issue, but i would say it has been made incorrectly. I am trying to source something to sow over the top (vinyl or rubber) to cover the hole made and protect it as the aftermarket mat I purchased to replace it keeps moving about under my feet driving me nuts!

Anyone else had this knock problem from the front? It's a single knock when taking off slowly

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

I dont know what you're talking about with the GPS voice issue, I have it turned off and don't need to mute it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    I dont know what you're talking about with the GPS voice issue, I have it turned off and don't need to mute it every time.
    Same. I turned mine off two days after I bought the car. Never had to mute it again since

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Same. I turned mine off two days after I bought the car. Never had to mute it again since

Interesting. Maybe there's an update that Mazda know about.

Anyone else with the prob and had it fixed?

Currently RaydTuned

FYI, mine's a May 2010 build

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Anyone else had this knock problem from the front? It's a single knock when taking off slowly
    I think I get this too, I suspect it's the engine mounts "unsticking" when they are cold but I really don't know enough to know for sure...

I also have the GPS voice problem, shits me to tears.

I used to use my cruise control and it did have the issue, never got it fixed but I very rarely use my cruise so it doesn't really affect me.
    'oh, that's what that yellow car is for, I thought it was the "you're doing great" light!'

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    I think I get this too, I suspect it's the engine mounts "unsticking" when they are cold but I really don't know enough to know for sure...

I also have the GPS voice problem, shits me to tears.

I used to use my cruise control and it did have the issue, never got it fixed but I very rarely use my cruise so it doesn't really affect me.
    My knocking noise happens when you slow down (knock) and then take off (knock) (slow or fast)

I have been trying to replicate the noise but it happens about 35% of the time and cannot seem to work out what I am doing to replicate the sound so I can show my dealer. The only thing I can ascertain from this forum is; hot, cold or warm it can still make the noise

Currently RaydTuned

For anyone with continued Cruise Control or other issues that are not being resolved, strongly suggest you speak with Mazda HQ. Paul Tait handled my queries (when I had an MPS...)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
    For anyone with continued Cruise Control or other issues that are not being resolved, strongly suggest you speak with Mazda HQ. Paul Tait handled my queries (when I had an MPS...)
    Perfect thanks 

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    Hi slixx,

I've just had a PCM update done on mine to fix the cruise control issue. Keep on them about it, I had to hassle my service dept to get it done. I haven't had the chance to test it yet, am going out to Qld Raceway tomorrow so I'll test it on the highway then.
    I'd be interested to know if there is a fix for the GPS voice, because it annoys the hell out of me having to mute it every time!!!
    I've also just had my sat nav screen replaced under warranty. I started with 2 little dots of mould that gradually grey bigger and a couple more smaller ones started to appear just before I had it done last Tuesday.

My Car is going into Garry & Warren Smith Mulgrave to have this grinding/knocking sound fixed.
    Posted here: Gearbox noise - Sounds kinda nasty and Knocking at rolling pace

I logged the issues above with with Mazda Australia and I got a call back from them today. Mazda Australia's responses are in Red (Brackets)
    - Mold on GPS Screen (Mazda said it was known issue and to have it replaced under warranty by your local Dealer)
    - Cruise Control not keeping speed (another known issue and to have the dealer replace the PCM updated under warranty)
    - Rear Wing knocking and creaking (know issue and to have the Dealer rectify the problem with "Foam Tape")
    - GPS not remembering when i Mute the Voice Volume (not sure but are still looking into it)
    - Driver's side mat worn within 5months (to log the issue with the Dealership)
    - Front Parking Sensors do not register until about 10cm (As this was an aftermarket accessory fitted by my dealership, G&WS are contacting the company to come out to see me)

I will keep all interested apprised of what happens
    Last edited by slixx; 31-08-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Currently RaydTuned

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast