User Tag List

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Hey postmandan,
    i had the same issue with my gen 2 luxury. But i purchased 2nd hand and found the issue before i took delivery. I had them fix this under warranty. So shouldn't be an issue for yours.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    A customer told me this week that a friend of theirs has a SP25 that has a totally fried GPS etc from water leaking through the dash
    There seems to be a trend happening......

1. Condensation in Headlamp - Replaced - Will revert if problem persists
    2. Mould In Dash (MID Unit - Sat Nav/Radio Display) - Replaced - Took 4 months
    3. Oil Leak - From either crankcase or sump - Yet to be rectified - July 7.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    [*]Oil Leak - From either crankcase or sump - Yet to be rectified - July 7
    From what I saw on the Fulcrum hoist, its undeniably your crank case. Are they inferring theres also a sump leak, or are the secretaries now doing the mechanic's job??
    Last edited by Wardski; 17-06-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Fark Danski

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    1. Condensation in Headlamp - Replaced - Will revert if problem persists
    2. Mould In Dash (MID Unit - Sat Nav/Radio Display) - Replaced - Took 4 months
    3. Oil Leak - From either crankcase or sump - Yet to be rectified - July 7.

time to go find some AWD loving for you me thinks once you go AWD you never go back Treat yourself to some Subie love
    Last edited by blackbetty; 17-06-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    time to go find some AWD loving for you me thinks once you go AWD you never go back Treat yourself to some Subie love
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Subie love..................

8. Default

Yeah but unless you got an extra $20k for an Sti I'd have an MPS any day. And I've sure had my fair share of problems. The wrx feels pretty ordinary inside. But id go an Sti sedan. But then that's a whole different price range.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    Yeah but unless you got an extra $20k for an Sti I'd have an MPS any day. And I've sure had my fair share of problems. The wrx feels pretty ordinary inside. But id go an Sti sedan. But then that's a whole different price range.
    You can pick up low kays 2010 STi's for around the $50k mark. Thats almost the same price for a brand new MPS lux pack on the road - and you'll still have less problems...

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    You can pick up low kays 2010 STi's for around the $50k mark. Thats almost the same price for a brand new MPS lux pack on the road - and you'll still have less problems...
    I sure hope nobody is paying near 50k for their MPS...
    Plus itd have to be a R spec Spec STI with the Recaros. The regular STI seats are a bit dissapointing for a car like that.....

11. Default

...Plus itd have to be a R spec Spec STI with the Recaros. The regular STI seats are a bit dissapointing for a car like that.....
    The Recaro's are very much worth the dosh, and aside from all the other toys you get with the Spec R like the light weight BBS rims, etc, this was the sole reason I went for the Spec R back in 2009. Unfortunately, these days the race Recaros are an additional $1k option on a brand new 2011 Spec R....

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

I sure hope nobody is paying near 50k for their MPS...
    The lux packs are $46k new on www.carpoint.com.au FYI

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...d=1305B2A527E1
    Last edited by Wardski; 18-06-2011 at 11:22 AM.

$46k :0
    And that's for a 2010 model
    Last edited by newish; 19-06-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Noticed an unusual issue with my GEN 2 this afternoon on my way home from work!!!
    I was flicking throught the center display in the dash, where the NAV, Radio station..etc are,
    and I had the screen up showing the'current fuel Econ / Fuel Range, and the 'current fuel Econ' was showing "0"....

Now this would be OK if the car was not moving, but I was doing around 70kmh

So I decided to to leave that selection on the screen for the rest of the trip home, and this is what occurred...
    Between the car being idle (stopped) and around 80kmh, the 'current fuel Econ' would vary between 52l/100km and 0.00l/100km.... depending on the right foot

52 Litres Per 100 km

When I got on to the freeway, doing around 110kmh, it seemed to be normal (between 6.5l/100km and 11.4l/100km).
    Now ever since I have had the car (car has done 14,500km), I have never noticed the 'current fuel Econ' go above say 16l/100km....

The car is still drives normally.... Has anybody else had this issue or something similar?
    Last edited by Greggo; 09-07-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr Seuss

Mine jumps up massively when I bury the boot. Sounds about the same. The Current Fuel Economy is directly linked to throttle position. I don't know what my 'high score' is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it went up that high under full boost WOT

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

I got a blue tooth obd2 reader a few months back,.I started playing the "how high does the boost go" game, at the same time, I chucked on the real time fuel econ levels, and yeah, high.40's weren't uncommon

(gen 1)

Mine hits 20's - 40's quite easily in the lower gears and the throttle position.

Don't take much notice of it, what matters is the average over the 100km i guess.

In the end, its not like you will have you foot at half throttle for the whole 100km, or even 1km. So it evens out. I'm getting about 400-450 out of a full tank on avg.

I've just noticed over the weekend, that my GenII MPS has only returned 360-odd klms from the last FULL tank of fuel.
    Already the low fuel warning light has lit up.

The fuel economy readout on the display says 11.9L/100klms!
    The car is only 2,600klms old.

Is this normal fuel economy or is something wrong?

Muz

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    I've just noticed over the weekend, that my GenII MPS has only returned 360-odd klms from the last FULL tank of fuel.
    Already the low fuel warning light has lit up.

The fuel economy readout on the display says 11.9L/100klms!
    The car is only 2,600klms old.

Is this normal fuel economy or is something wrong?

Muz
    Two things I suppose.

1. The motor is still breaking in, so it wont be really economical
    2. The Gen 2 runs alot richer than the Gen 1, so dont expect wonderful economy unless your on the highway.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

How valuable is a custom tune to rectify this??
    Say a ChipTorque XEDE + custom dyno tune = up to $1500

I'd be really careful when playing around with the fuel/air ratios.

These engines run rich to aid cooling. There are a lot of horror stories of guys in the US who made their engines go bang by leaning them out too much

Having said all that though, a tune of the stock ECU should help a little

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast