User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Caught Testing on Nürburgring

Blog Entries

Default 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Caught Testing on Nürburgring

2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Caught Testing on Nürburgring
    Posted October 22nd, 2008 by DeuxEx3
    Courtesy of Mazda3revolution.com

The internet exploded this morning with the first ever photos of the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3/Mazda 3 MPS caught testing on the famous proving ground of the Nürburgring in Germany. There is huge amount of information to know about the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 so check out each section below for more info and spy photos.
    2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Motor, Platform & Suspension

The 2010 Mazda 3 sedan will be offered in the United States with a 2.0L and 2.5L four cylinder duet with the latter of the two producing upwards of 175 hp - 180 hp. For the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3, expect Mazda to push their 2.5L from the Mazda 3 to its limits by bolting on a turbo and bringing power north of 300 hp.

Speculation has also led many to believe there is a possibility that Mazda and Ford’s relationship is alive and well with the potential use of Volvo’s 2.5L T5 (turbo five cylinder) as the powerplant to produce about 300 hp in the new Mazdaspeed 3.

Platform & AWD Potential

On what will underpin the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3: Though it’s unlikely that Mazda will continue to use the current Mazdaspeed 3’s platform, based on Ford’s global C1 platform, the possibility does still exist. A viable alternative would be Ford’s new C2 platform which WCF notes as being all-wheel-drive capable.

The last time Mazda used AWD was on the previous generation Mazdaspeed 6 and it’s pretty unlikely we will see this system on the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3. Also, because the upcoming Mazdaspeed 3 will not have a limited-slip differential (per AutoCar) it leaves us wondering exactly how the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 could safely manage 300+ hp going to the front wheels. MotorAuthority suspects Mazda might take advantage of Ford’s new RevoKnuckle FWD suspension system to manage the power.

Exhaust

There isn’t much known about the exhaust setup at this point but we do know, based on the spy shots below, that it will be a dual exhaust system.

Much More Aggressive Style

The previous generation Mazdaspeed 3 was sometimes criticized as being too bland in the styling department so Mazda has nipped and tucked the new ‘Speed3 to show off its much more muscular stance.

From the front we can see that the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 has a huge hood scoop to feed the turbocharged beast inside and a much more aggressive front end design reminiscent of the Mazda Nagare concept.

Around back and along the side you can see more of the Mazdaspeed 3’s sleek new aerodynamic styling with scuplted sideskirts and a more pronounced rear bumper with scalloped openings for the nearly integrated dual exhaust setup. The revised rear spoiler provides the rest of the aerodynamics around the back.

Luxury Features?

The Mazdaspeed 3 is a hot hatch first and a daily driver second but we fully expect Mazda to offer up most of the same options that will be available on the 2010 Mazda 3 including integrated turn signals in the side mirrors and a new interior layout.

Auto Show Premiere

The 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 has been rumored to appear at the upcoming Detroit Auto Show and Geneva Auto Show. No official announcement by Mazda has been made.

Pics

2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Loving the rumourmill about this car, ive seen word of retaining the same engine and output as well as FWD but using some mooseknuckle thingy thats being used on the Focus RS to control torque steer. Im already keen to buy one as soon as theyre released...please be available in white.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2Brag View Post
    Loving the rumourmill about this car, ive seen word of retaining the same engine and output as well as FWD but using some mooseknuckle thingy thats being used on the Focus RS to control torque steer. Im already keen to buy one as soon as theyre released...please be available in white.
    Well if I can get you in with Mazda, you'll have to get us all one each - at cost :thanks:
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

You know i'd love to be working back at Mazda and getting them at cost haha, considering my contacts have all left Mazda I still know most part numbers for Mazda parts

You know i'd love to be working back at Mazda and getting them at cost haha, considering my contacts have all left Mazda I still know most part numbers for Mazda parts
    Well some ppl need to move on and get a life...

Time to start remembering your Citroën part numbers

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Me toooo!!

looks like there are many of us waiting for white to come out. lol

OzWhiteMPSclub.com FTW

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    looks like there are many of us waiting for white to come out. lol

OzWhiteMPSclub.com FTW

lol
    Im sure that club will have some awesome members....

But right now...

UglyTrueRedMPSclub.com is where you should be....and your mate 2Brag was the founding member.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post

But right now...

UglyTrueRedMPSclub.com is where you should be....and your mate 2Brag was the founding member.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    haha. Nice one

But right now...

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    you will pay for that my friend. muahahahaha

Careful you'll get in trouble for being mean Duggy

But right now...

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Lucky you can respray a car...cant respray your face nuglet

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    true red doesnt take kindly to being bagged

i noticed....

Nice avatar Dave

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Nice avatar Dave
    All in a days work

Dug u just got OWNED.

Hey Mac you are an outsider here....have some respect!!!

"Outsider" aye...

I dont tolerate discrimination

I'll show you respect~!
    Last edited by Skeem; 17-11-2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Because I'm AWESOME

You know i love you Mac Daddy!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast