User Tag List

Thread: trouble with first gear running rough

1. Default trouble with first gear running rough

having a problem with first gear everytime i get to 4g its like i loose all power or there is something stopping me goin any further the only mods ive done is a k&n pod and 2.5 inch exhaust from the cat back??? anyone any ideas

Losing power at 4k? Dirty air filter or dirty MAF is my guess.

MAF cleaning how to here, assuming you have a MPS:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...t-sensors.html

Also, check your intake and see that everything is clamped tight, something could have come loose.
    Last edited by TD; 03-12-2009 at 05:09 AM.

Is the pod fitted to an aftermarket MAF housing?

Is this housing the correct size?

only first gear?
    Boost leak?

first gear only is strange??

6. Default

i thought it might be my pod but its hard to tell cause the fault is intermittent but i built the housing for my maf sensor but it is air tight but dirty could be a good start i'll let yas know

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

would there be any other indications if it was boost leak?

Boost loss will give you some loud hissing in extreme cases. Possibly masked by the pod induction hiss tho', so you might miss it.

Only in 1st??? What's happening in the other gears?

Wastegate boost controller might be acting up.

has someone played with your ECU?

Maybe the CAI has made your car run too rich and your spark plugs are stuffed...

I didn't read the part about only being in first gear. Oops.

I know I had a misfire/hesitation when I forgot to tighten the hoseclamp after the MAF housing, but, only when the throttle was jabbed lightly on cold start and intermitantly during all gears.

10. Default

does the traction/stability control light come on?
    does it happen when you take off hard/quickly from a stop/slow crawl? its as if the power just cuts out for a few seconds right? unless you change gears

i had a similar issue when under those conditions the car would just refuse to rev over ~4000rpm even when you had the pedal all the way down - the revs would slowly drop then after a while the engine would rev again

dashhawk didnt detect any knock, but i didnt notice what the boost may have spiked to though

started getting the issue after putting on a short ram and inlet pipe, with no other mods besides the rear engine mount.

for some mysterious reason, i didnt get that issue anymore after putting on a set of ku36s... yeah, its dumb