User Tag List

Thread: Police crash Lamborghini

Default Police crash Lamborghini

WHEN the Italian police unveiled their state-of-the-art Lamborghini patrol cars, they cannot have been short of volunteers itching to take the supercars in pursuit of speeding criminals.

A team of elite drivers was trained to chase down speeding motorists and deliver urgently needed transplant organs in the futuristic vehicles, capable of reaching more than 300 km/h.

What they apparently were not prepared for was a distracted motorist who pulled out of a petrol station without looking

On Monday a bandaged and bruised police driver may have had a tough time explaining how he managed to write off one of the force's prized Lamborghinis when he rammed it so hard into a line of parked cars that one of the stationary vehicles ended up on the police car's roof. According to the police, the crash was caused by the driver of a slow-moving Seat Ibiza who emerged without looking from a service station, clipping the Lamborghini and sending the vehicle swerving into the parked cars.

The front end of the Lamborghini was crushed in the accident, near Cremona, and the driver and a passenger were slightly injured.

The Lamborghini Gallardo, worth $235,000, was one of a pair donated by the manufacturer to the police to do battle on Italy's roads, where 1 million motorists are injured annually and 4731 died last year.

Both cars include transmitters to send images back to headquarters, a defibrillator and a fridge for transporting donor organs. The two officers were returning from a convention in Cremona, where they had addressed a student audience on road safety.

Full Story here

Source: SMH
    02/12/2009

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Bloody Italians I'm one. Better take some leave and go to Italy and teach them how to drive fast cars..... I showed Warren Luff how its done on the skid pan back in 1994 .....

like that veyron fail

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    like that veyron fail

I will show him how to drive with Bluetooth
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Fark lol bet that was a nice incident report

hah! Bloody stupid Idea giving a car worth that much to a cop!

I've been in a police car that crashed. As the dust was settling the conversation went something like "F__k are you alright? F__k I'm in so much trouble. F__k, f__k, f__k, f__k, f__k, f__k, f__k, f__k" etc.

major fail!!!!!!!!!