User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JBarone Short Shift Plates For MPS3 GenI & GenII

Default JBarone Short Shift Plates For MPS3 GenI & GenII

Hi Guys,
    I have been trialling one of these JBarone shift plates for MPS Garage for the last couple of weeks or so, and it is absolutely rockin'.

If you don't know about it, have a look at this;
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A5QHMA1G0MA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A5QHMA1G0MA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Thread feedback:
    Installed JBarone Short Shift Plate in 2010 Speed3 - Mazdaspeed &ForumsInstalled JBarone Short Shift Plate.... - Mazda Forums

As you can see from the video's, the shift plate sits on top of the stock arm, changing the nipple position, thus reducing throw by approximately 40%, giving a tighter and more precise shift feel.

I have asked the boys to consider dropping price on a limited number for forum member in order to celebrate them stocking this high quality engineered US product here in Australia. They will be selling them for $99.00 plus shipping off their website, but have approved a GB (first 20 purchases only) for $90.00, inclusive of tracked shipping, which would normally be another $10-$15. Payment processing and shipping matters will all be handled via MPS Garage, as I am only a facilitator.

I really do like the shift plate, and thought that this may be a way to help people save money on a short shift kit which normally will run you anywhere between $200 - $300.

As far as I know, I have the only GenII in Aus with this plate, and I know you are jealous. If you have any questions about the GB or the shifter in general, please feel free to PM me.

will keep a running list on the numbers from both here and OMC, and I will let you know as to whether the GB can proceed.

Cheers

Mark

In:
    Arden
    Grizzly
    Lynchy
    LittleredMPS
    mp3
    sikdailo
    Zed
    Louiskwong
    Mav2777
    Johton1971
    Nirvandan
    stug
    mpssylo
    Murch
    Last edited by Kebabylon; 04-01-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: update PMD status

Nice!i was gonna order one direct from his website!
    count me in!

A few questions

1)step by step instructions provided
    and
    2) whats the consequences regarding warranty? i would assume none cause it's all engineered and isn't causing stress on the driveline as such

If these two things are okay then i would be a goer!

I know its cheaper than a short shift kit but is it as good as having a short shifter?

5. Default

im keen for one too count me in

Go the dramatic music in the youtube video Got a laught out of that

Looks like a nice edition to have on your 3MPS

Blog Entries

Great alternative to a full shifter setup.

As much as I love my TWM setup they are pretty expensive to buy brand new.

looks good

Is there an option for the MPS 6?

According to his website, it only caters for the mps3 models.

11. Default

after you had it installed, did you have to fine tune it? this is done by adjusting the springs or whatever

i am just not too keen on having to do that

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MPShiv View Post
    A few questions

1)step by step instructions provided - Yes, and available also online here
    and
    2) whats the consequences regarding warranty? i would assume none cause it's all engineered and isn't causing stress on the driveline as such. - Unknown. I dont believe you should have a problem, unless you have a gearbox problem that develops for other reasons. In that event you could remove it. Takes less than 2 mins to fit if you have already removed the stock airbox. If not, it will take you no more than 10 mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
    after you had it installed, did you have to fine tune it? this is done by adjusting the springs or whatever? - I havent had to fine tune mine. But if I did, I would follow the video. Pretty piss easy.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post
    According to his website, it only caters for the mps3 models. - Yep. He has had no luck as yet with the MPS6 due to the configuration, but is working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazydog View Post
    Is there an option for the MPS 6? - Shortly. He has had no luck as yet with the MPS6 due to the configuration, but is working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    looks good - Looks good, but feels better than good.
    Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Great alternative to a full shifter setup.

As much as I love my TWM setup they are pretty expensive to buy brand new. - I agree. In most cases less than a third of the price for basically the same outcome. JBSSPFTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    I know its cheaper than a short shift kit but is it as good as having a short shifter? - I guess it comes down to preference. Buy one and see. Cheap as chippies in comparison.
    That gets a few sorted.
    Last edited by Kebabylon; 03-12-2009 at 10:26 AM.

Interested, not definite tho.... please update to "possibly"

Cheers.
    Last edited by CharlieBrown; 03-12-2009 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    Interested

+1

Default Howdy!!

Hi Guys!!
    I thought I'd pop by and see if I could answer any questions.
    KEBABYLON has done a fine job so far with accurate answers. As he indicated warranty is not an issue unless you encounter gearbox trouble. If so, take 10 minutes to remove it before bringing it to the dealer. That's alot easier then removing a whole aftermarket shifter. All parts in the kit are powder coated for durability and will out last the car. With over well 100k miles on these STSP kits, I honestly believe it's well worth the investment.

Thanks,
    Jamie

On a side note...The STSP for the MPS 6 is coming along well. It'll be a few more weeks before it's ready for testing. Keep an eye out for it at MPSGARAGE.
    Last edited by jbarone; 03-12-2009 at 09:21 AM.
    Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com

I'd be in for one

Good to see you haven't forgotten us 4 pawed beasts!

Very interested in here...Just have to run it past the financial controller lol.

just buy it & tell her about it later............

lol. Oh this old thing? Its been sitting around for months. Better fit it right away, babe. Waste not, want not.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast