User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: JBarone Short Shift Plates For MPS3 GenI & GenII

yeah just found out about this on friday when i rang them

Quote Originally Posted by mpssylo View Post
    yeah just found out about this on friday when i rang them
    Were you expecting them last week as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    In case you guys are not warned expect delays in delivery, at the moment mpsgarage are just catching up with all the backed up orders made during the xmas/newyear break.

Just so you guys arent disappointed if its not delivered soon after purchase.
    Thank you for updating everyone as to the status of my group buy, Al.

This isn't the appropriate medium for stirring the pot, and if this continues, I will simply end the group buy and the people that are interested will be just left out. I have bent over backwards to help people on here save some money in getting a quality product, but some people are never satisfied. All correspondence - especially from me, has been professional, courteous, informative and time appropriate. Enquiries from both a product level and order status level have been actioned within a matter of hours, and in some cases, minutes.

Nirvandan - Your order was submitted on the PM of the 24/12 - the last day before MPSG was closed for the break, and this has been explained to you twice now. Anyone who ordered late (i.e. before MPSG's Christmas break) I personally apologise for not contacting you to explain the circumstances. I am not aware of anybody not understanding their dates of closure, and for that, again - I apologise.

This group buy was confirmed and participants started receiving instructions from 9/12/09; - a full two weeks and one day prior to Christmas. People that ordered promptly or provided MPSG sufficient time to fulfil orders before the break had their items received in 2-3 days. Any outstanding order is being/has been treated expeditiously.

Please be patient. If anyone would like to lodge a status enquiry directly, please send me a PM.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Kebabylon View Post
    Thank you for updating everyone as to the status of my group buy, Al.
    You welcome, after almost a week of returning to bussiness I thought it was about time someone updated waiting customers like me and mpssylo.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I noticed the grease dries out after a while on the boot. I applied some lanoline grease on it & will see if it lasts any longer. After doing the fine tuning as suggested on the shifter it shifts nicely. One happy customer.

i was,but i didn't consider the chrissy break either but in saying this a bit more communication from mps garage would have been great just to let us know that they were catching up on orders and things might have been abit slow to process,i wouldn't of cared about waiting but i had to ring them 2 weeks later to see what was going on.Kebabylon you were fantastic and i did say thankyou for my late order

i was,but i didn't consider the chrissy break either but in saying this a bit more communication from mps garage would have been great just to let us know that they were catching up on orders and things might have been abit slow to process,i wouldn't of cared about waiting but i had to ring them 2 weeks later to see what was going on.Kebabylon you were fantastic and i did say thankyou for my late order
    Thanks mate I thought it was just me going crazy. I couldn't agree more, long wait is not the problem, the problem is expecting something that isn't coming. I would also agree that kebabylon is been 1st class his gone all the way and beyond.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

OK, let’s move on. I think everyone now understands a little miscommunication may be at fault here, no big deal. The holidays throw everything off here in the states too.

On a side note, due to the success of this group buy and the spread of kind words about the quality of this product, today I will be shipping another large quantity of kits to MPS. So I’d like to say Thank You to everyone.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com

I know its cheaper than a short shift kit but is it as good as having a short shifter?
    Its better than having a Short Shift Kit..

Quote Originally Posted by Ranton View Post
    Its better than having a Short Shift Kit..
    Cheers mate

Just got it delivered my shift plate , and the surprise was twice as good as together with the shift plate I got delivery of my G2 caliper paint kit from the US

Funny though.... my car is in for service today, so wont be able to install the plate until tomorrow

Cheers mate

Just got it delivered my shift plate , and the surprise was twice as good as together with the shift plate I got delivery of my G2 caliper paint kit from the US

Funny though.... my car is in for service today, so wont be able to install the plate until tomorrow
    I'm glad to hear things worked out. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
    jamie

Damn it, now it will have to wait until thursday as my new rotors will arrive by then

That means 2 days without the MPS and 2 days driving this monstruosity called GenII Neo sports ...so embarrasing

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jbarone View Post
    If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
    jamie

Cheers mate, will do

The kit looks pretty neat, one thing kinda made me laugh....., did you pack them?

got mine this afternoon,just one question,were we suppose to get instructions with it?

got mine this afternoon,just one question,were we suppose to get instructions with it?
    No, I did not include directions because we're walking a fine line with the weight of the shipment and the costs associated with shipping from the states.

You can get the install directions here:

Jamiesplanet.com

Thanks,
    Jamie

all good,i printed install directions last nite and installed it.very easy to do and a great product,very happy.don't know if it needs fine tuning,im having no problems with getting gears but it doesn't seem to flow as smoothly as standard,feels alot more rigid and going from third to second is very close you don't think it's in gear but it is.is this all fine and just a matter of getting use to or do i need to fine tune it? thanks

I was the same at first......thinking it wasnt in gear & it WAS . Just a matter of a few hours driving, & as you get more accustomed to it, it will soon feel like a more natural shift pattern. I could probably tinker with fine tuning, but all gears select fine as is.....so i figured i would leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    I was the same at first......thinking it wasnt in gear & it WAS . Just a matter of a few hours driving, & as you get more accustomed to it, it will soon feel like a more natural shift pattern. I could probably tinker with fine tuning, but all gears select fine as is.....so i figured i would leave it.
    the only other thing i find is when you come to stop at a set of lights and press the clutch in when almost stop rolling and put it in first you sort of feel it clunk into first,do you get that,it's only minor but it didn't do it before?

the only other thing i find is when you come to stop at a set of lights and press the clutch in when almost stop rolling and put it in first you sort of feel it clunk into first,do you get that,it's only minor but it didn't do it before?
    That feeling (clunk) you get when going in to 1st is normal. It's there with the stock configuration, this configuration just amplifies it a bit more and you feel it in your hand. Nothing to worry about.

I never go in to 1st before coming to a complete stop so I don't notice it.

Thanks,
    Jamie

it's all good,loving it,played around with it last nite,it's getting better the more i drive it and my partner loves it way better than stock,she feels alot more comfortable driving it with the new shifter.thanking you loads!!

it's all good,loving it,played around with it last nite,it's getting better the more i drive it and my partner loves it way better than stock,she feels alot more comfortable driving it with the new shifter.thanking you loads!!
    Well how about that! The best review ever! If the partner loves it, it's got to be good. Thanks and enjoy.

Jamie

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast