User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: JBarone Short Shift Plates For MPS3 GenI & GenII

I would not worry one bit about the boot. It's made of the most durable silicone. I have sold over 200 of these shift kits, and with well over 600,000 miles on them, not one has been reported to be showing any degree of wear. In fact mine has almost 11,000 miles on it, I greased it once and never since. The tolerances in the area of 2nd gear are very close, no worries here either. The transmission is already seated in 2nd before any, if any contact is ever made.

I'm willing to bet you love the shifting correct? Enjoy it, It's all good.

If I can help in any way just let me know.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com

Thanks Jamie. If anyone has any questions regarding install or fitment, please don't hesitate to PM me. Im available right through to late Jan.

Mark

Do you all find it's harder to shift into 1st with this? How much difference is the JBaone weight to the factory weight?

Nope. No issue for me. The weight is less than the stock weight.

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Do you all find it's harder to shift into 1st with this? How much difference is the JBarone weight to the factory weight?
    I do not suggest using the stock weight to improve engagement. It's too heavy for this configuration. I do suggest adjusting the shifter. It's very easy to do and if you take your time you will almost achieve a stock feel.

You can find the instructions @ www.jamiesplanet.com/support/finetune.htm If you need assistance let me know.

Thanks,
    Jamie

Are these puppies still available for $90 delivered?

If yes, count me in. Please PM me the details fro transaction etc.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Murch View Post
    Are these puppies still available for $90 delivered?

If yes, count me in. Please PM me the details fro transaction etc.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all on the forum
    Yes, mate. I can make this happen. Will send you a pm in the next 15mins
    Last edited by Kebabylon; 03-01-2010 at 02:51 PM.

can you put me down for one two please?

Quote Originally Posted by mpssylo View Post
    can you put me down for one two please?
    Same again for you, buddy. Happy New Year from Kebabylon & MPS Garage.

Thanks a heap, sorry for the late order

Happy New Year to All.

Jamie

12. Default

I got a quick question here. I have installed the short shifter plate for about 2 weeks now. I totally love it!! Great product!! But what I have noticed soon after I installed the short shift plate was that I had difficulties shifting into second gear and reverse. (I own a 2010 MPS3) I find it hard to shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear and same with from 3rd back down to 2nd. It doesn't feel like a smooth shift but rather feels like there's something in the way or it feels like I have totally miss the "slit" for that gear. Similarly, when I am shifting from neutral to reverse. When I press the stick down and then push all the way left and then up. Sometimes I would not be able to shift it up; again it feels like something is in the way (or it feels like I "missed" slit for that gear).

Does that mean I need some tuning on the gear shift itself? Would your instructions on fine-tuning the shifter help on your website? I had a look at your instructions already, but it seems like it was from a Gen I MPS.

Any help will be appreciated! Cheers!!

Tuning is exactly what you need to do. It will re-align the shifter with the "slit".

I'm here if you need help.

On my site use the base bushing install directions for getting in to the area around the shifter.

Jamiesplanet.com

Thanks,
    Jamie

14. Default

Cheers Jamie. I'll look into that and check it out. Just that I was worried the Gen I instructions to take off the plating around the stick won't be identical to the Gen II. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by louiskwong View Post
    Cheers Jamie. I'll look into that and check it out. Just that I was worried the Gen I instructions to take off the plating around the stick won't be identical to the Gen II. Thanks!
    At the end of the bushing install directions you will find GEN 2 specific information. The 2 are very similar so I expect you will do just fine. The most important thing to remember when tuning the shifter is to make micro adjustments and mark your starting location.

Thanks,
    Jamie

I am def in for this... just talking to my partner about it on the weekend!

i want one! am i too late for gb?

plz pm me details for the buy too! cheers
    Last edited by 3mpsblack; 15-01-2010 at 12:29 PM.

PM me bank details please kebabylon.

I have been moving around but now have time for this mod!

Att: Pre77i, MPSBlack & MPShiv;

Hi Guys, although I have not officially closed this group buy, the processing date was initiated over a month ago. As a result, I will need to discuss this with MPS Garage to ascertain whether they will consider extending the group buy to the end of January for the latecomers.
    Last edited by Kebabylon; 17-01-2010 at 04:19 PM.

In case you guys are not warned expect delays in delivery, at the moment mpsgarage are just catching up with all the backed up orders made during the xmas/newyear break.

Just so you guys arent disappointed if its not delivered soon after purchase.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast