User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JBarone Short Shift Plates For MPS3 GenI & GenII

1. Default

keenly waiting on mine to arrive

Thanks for those who have ordered and paid. PM Sent to all participants of the GB.

Just ordered mine from mpsgarage.

Is there a difference between the Gen1 and Gen2 shifter plate kits? Coz I accidently ordered the Gen2 one instead of the Gen1. Have emailed daniel from mpsgarage so hopefully he'll be able to sort it out and get the correct one to me.

Supports both GenI and GenII

Can you count me in for this GB ?

Hi Mav,

PM sent.

Hi guys,
    been watching this thread for a while and I'd be keen on a shift kit too please. Too late for the GB??

Also let me know how to pay please!

Quote Originally Posted by johton1971 View Post
    Hi guys,
    been watching this thread for a while and I'd be keen on a shift kit too please. Too late for the GB??

Never too late. Kebabylon will send you the details.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com

9. Default

mine has arrived woo hoo now to install see you all in 10 mins

Quote Originally Posted by johton1971 View Post
    Hi guys,

Hey buddy. No problemo. PM sent.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly View Post
    mine has arrived woo hoo now to install see you all in 10 mins
    Hi Grizzly, how did you go, buddy? Easy as, huh?

11. Default

Thanks to Daniel and Mark. Got mine early last week. Installing it today. Can't wait!!! Lightning delivery. Go MPS Garage!

Got mine too last Friday!
    Speedy delivery!
    Big thanks to Mark for organising the Group Buy and thanks to MPS Garage for a smooth transaction

and of course props to Jamie for making the plates!

Default Placed order with Daniel of MPS Garage Tuesday...

Hi guys,
    Just to say thanks to Daniel and Mark. I read with interest re the shifter and am keen to try the 'improved' feel short throw action. Anyway, I joined the group buy late and still got in on the deal and received the shift kit 24 hours after I placed the order! Fantastic service from MPS Garage / Daniel.

Can't wait to find some time to install it -

Thanks and have a great Christmas break everyone.
    J
    2009 Gen 2 - ECUTEK tune, downpipe, all motor mounts, K&N filter, DBA rotors and braided lines, antilift and camber correction bushes, Whiteline ARB F&R, new organic clutch (300hp), Federal 595RSRs = 189kW 420NM ATW at Mercury Motorsports Newmarket

14. Default

yep install so easy !!

thanks to all who got this going shift feel much much better

I'm thrilled to hear about the great service and that you guys like the kits. Go MPSGARAGE.

Not to side track, I would like photos of the cars with the JBR shift plates installed for our "Customer Rides" Page. Please shoot them to me at jamie.barone@charter.net. Include your location.

Thanks!! and Happy Holidays!!!

Jamie

Got mine in the mail on Xmas Eve! Will be going in shortly...

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    Got mine in the mail on Xmas Eve! Will be going in shortly...

That's a nice gift! Get in on there.

Jamie

Hi everyone. I fitted my short shifter today & noticed it rubs hard against the other linkage as shown in the pictures. It does this for every gear selected, the rubber boot will not last long like this. The other picture is second gear selected & it is touching the other linkage. Is this all normal ? Can anything be done to provide more clearance to the other linkage ?
    Pictures by mav2777 - Photobucket

This is totally normal, and this is why the grease is supplied in the kit. Have a look at pages 7 and 8 of the instructions provided by Jamie and you will see that the grease will need to be applied to the boot and the side of the linkage. From your photo, it is clear that you haven't done this as your boot is dry as an old dry erm... boot. lol. This has been raised on another US forum and I can't exactly find it now I am at work, but this does not damage the boot at all.

Mine has been on for quite a while now, and I checked the boot last week and there is absolutely no sign of even rubbing whatsoever. I will ask Jamie to explain this in greater detail as he is the expert when it comes to this.

Thanks for the info, I will apply grease to the rubber boot & the side of the linkage as well.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast