40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luxury

33 82.50%
  • Standard

7 17.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 09 MPS - Luxury or Standard?

Default 09 MPS - Luxury or Standard?

Hi folks, just wondering what model people bought. Originally the price difference to me seemed a bit much for the additional features you got, however I'm now leaning towards the Luxury model as I wouldn't mind the Adaptive Bi-Xenon lights and the auto on/off lights...

The Bose sound system whilst nice isn't a clincher for me, and I'm not sure I care too much about the rain sensing wipers, though they could be nice.

Go for the Lux. The leather electric seats are much better than the standard.

The Oz sun is a killer on the head so I'm never quite sure why folks cut holes in the roof of their cars, so I don't use the sun-roof much but it's nice on cool evenings.

Go the Lux,
    Lights look better and are better. The BOSE system is not the best you can find, but is great quality. Auto lights, wipers and self dimming rear mirror are handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Go for the Lux. The leather electric seats are much better than the standard.
    The seats are the same in both the Luxury & Standard 3MPS...

[QUOTE=Doug_MPS6;74596]Go for the Lux. The leather electric seats are much better than the standard.

Is there a difference in the seats? I do not think so.

I went Standard.Could not justify the price difference it does not take a big effort to turn lights on yourself.

The only person (and some people on this site) that will know that is only the standard not lux is you.

6. Default

yeh if I was buying one Id get the luxury for the lights, for the 6 there was no difference in lights so didnt matter much

I bought non-lux...Like you I couldnt justify the cost of the extras in the luxury model.

Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post
    The seats are the same in both the Luxury & Standard 3MPS...
    Also no sunroof on either model.

I voted for the luxo; if only for the adaptive headlights, what an awesome feature. But that's coming from an MPS6 owner with 0.5w tea lights on the front and a couple of kerosene lanterns for high beams.

Gone to Volvo

I went the luxo model. Had the Bose previously, not the best in the SP23, but somewhat better in the MPS, go figure.

The bi-xenon's are awesome, and with the adaptive front lighting system, it really does make a difference. How do I know? I've driven a SP25 and my MPS.

Rain sensing wipers? Big Deal really. Auto lights? Had them before, and I think is a good option

Well im not a fan of the new 3MPS...but..

I voted Lux edition.

I have the sports (fat pak) of the previous gen....the little extra touches are worth the extra cash..

I have autolights....big deal you may think....but after having them nearly 3 years....it is a big deal never having to worry about turning them on...or leaving them on accidently.

The adaptive headlights would be what would make me buy it as well as the HID headlights.

Seriously....HID isnt over rated....GEN1 sport pack owners will understand.

Whichever one you choose...enjoy your purchase.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

ok love the hid lights but... i want prepared to spend money on what i didnt want as in partial leather, a crummy bose system and silly dirty looking high gloss rims!! but its funny in euro you can get a base model with the hid light kit as standard!!
    all with the weather conditions i guess

i was gonna go standard at first, coz i didnt think it was worth the extra dosh for the hids, rear mirror dimmer, auto headlights, auto rain sensor, BOSE system.

But in the end, i didnt wanna bother installing aftermarket stuff like i did with my old car and paid the extra g's for the luxury model.

after 3 months, i have no regrets!

couldn't justify the cost vs features, the car basic is feature packed and what was on offer wasnt enough for me to swing the vote

Shibbs

14. Default

i went for luxury.. not for any specific reason actually.. more so i thought if i'm gonna spend $40K+ on a car, whats another few grand??

do love the headlights though.. was nervous on the first night i drove it, as it felt like i had the high beams on they are so good! didn't wanna piss people off with these shiny lights in their eyes.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by tonks39 View Post
    i went for luxury.. not for any specific reason actually.. more so i thought if i'm gonna spend $40K+ on a car, whats another few grand??

do love the headlights though.. was nervous on the first night i drove it, as it felt like i had the high beams on they are so good! didn't wanna piss people off with these shiny lights in their eyes.. :P
    heheheheehe
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

Luxury even if its just for the lights!

I love the half leather in the Gen 1 MPS!

leather smether!! mehhhh

went for luxury! cant go wrong love the headlights! had a truck tailgate me the auto rear mirror dimmer was great! but i want a sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    Luxury even if its just for the lights!

I love the half leather in the Gen 1 MPS!
    +1

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

We need the "who cares, either way still looks " option

jks
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

not a big fan off the whole leather bit. All or nothing I reckons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast