40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luxury

33 82.50%
  • Standard

7 17.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 09 MPS - Luxury or Standard?

ditto!!

hmm.. well I really can't justify $3.5k extra for a sound system I don't want, and just the automatic bi-xenon lights... what I might do instead is spent an extra $1k or so, and get the auto on/off lights + parking sensors.

The prices were on the site a few days ago when I checked, but they no longer appear - does anyone have the price list for the 3MPS accessories - and are these fitted at delivery time?

I have a GenII Lux

Adaptive headlights are a little overrated, but the xenon lamps do give a clear view of the road.
    The auto dimming mirror is a feature I like, I thought it would be gimick, but I do my fair share of Sydney / Canberra driving generaly at night and it makes it so much easier (Don't care about a..wipes who highbeam me . Sound system is fair for a sock system. Not overly exciting but at this stage I have no plans upgrading sound.

When I bought mine most dealers only had luxs in stock, so I played the 'Oh I would like to go for a classic but if you can do me a good deal on the lux then I might take it'. My vote is the lux, but I can assure you, you won't be disappointed with either car. Everything else (seats, trim, etc) is much the same.

my thoughts,
    J

EDIT: and if you get the reverse sensors, go the genuine mazda ones. The rear bumper is curved, so generic sensors will face the ground if fitted and not work properly.
    Last edited by Jono; 03-12-2009 at 07:00 AM.

lux mainly for the headlights. I was kinda disappointed with the bass from the BOSE sound system. I expected a little more kick from sub. Ohwells... thinking a JL audio 12W7 + Amp will fix the job.

I also went luxury as I fell in love with the bi-xenon headlights. I love playing with them at night haha, left right left right and just watch the adaptive headlights swing left to right . I do find the auto-dimming rear mirror useful as I drive alot at night, this no longer gives me reason to drive past the car that high beamed me cursing HAHAHA :]

I woulda been happy with a sunroof also, but no it 'compromises' the chassis. As for the BOSE system, it's decent enough for me not to have to upgrade the system.

I went for the standard. Fitted my full 3" stainless and still had change from a lux. I may be 61 but I can still remember where the whipers are activated. Power verses whipers. No contest

Voted Luxury If I was to buy a new MPS 3 then I would pay the extra for the goodies, it helps at resale time and I like extra gadgets! Also if you consider to add the options that come standard on the Lux pack to a Golf GTi or other European makes then you are paying a lot more for these than the difference between pov pack and Lux Pack, so it's actually great value (if you need them)

I would get a fat pak next time(if there is a next time for a mazda) so i can feel more elite than everyone else that owns a pov pack

I wont go through the reason why i got a pov pack and bore everyone again.....but i will add i could have got the fat pak for the same price as the pov but decided i didnt want the extras.....but this time around there is more cool stuff involved

If I was to get one it would be the luxury...

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    I would get a fat pak next time(if there is a next time for a mazda) so i can feel more elite than everyone else that owns a pov pack

I wont go through the reason why i got a pov pack and bore everyone again.....but i will add i could have got the fat pak for the same price as the pov but decided i didnt want the extras.....but this time around there is more cool stuff involved

yeh 2nd time about you do get more BANG for your BUCK
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

Vote 1 Lux from me.

Go the luxury.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12