User Tag List

Thread: Servicing on 87000 km

1. Post Servicing on 87000 km

Hey guys I'm due to service my car for the first time as it's my first car I have an mps3 07 whAt needs to be done exactly ??? And how much should I b looking at spending . Also just to check whAt's the best oil use?

Have a look in the owners handbook, there's a table that shows exactly what needs to be done at each service interval.

In addition to the service schedule I would recommend changing the gearbox oil with a good synthetic every 40,000km.

There are plenty of opinions on which oil to use in the engine but my advice is simply to use a fully synthetic oil and don't change it more often that the book says.

Hi kmh001, what is the reason for changing the gearbox oil at 40,000km, the log book states 100,000km. I have clocked 67,000km & have had no issues with my gearbox, should I change it earlier ?

no issues here either im at 80000

There are a few reasons for changing gearbox oil including that a good synthetic will improve shift quality and fuel economy. When you feel the difference I'm sure you'll think it was money well spent. Perhaps the main reason is that these gear boxes are starting to develop a reputation for excessive wear, well at least the MPS6 is. When I first changed the gearbox oil in my MPS I found an excessive amount of yellow metal contamination. I've since had my gearbox replaced due to a problem with 6th gear and just today we discovered photo's of a disassembled MPS gearbox showing excessive wear. If a pattern of premature wear is starting to emerge anything you can do to delay that wear has to be a good thing. Have a read of the gearbox oil paper that Matt posted; very interesting and informative.

Gone to Volvo

i am going to take my car to the family mechanic and get spark plugs, gear box oil and front pads done very soon..

my is on 84k...

mazda can do the log book services minus gear box oil & spark plugs at 100k !

anyone used valvoline duragear 75w/85 gearbox oil ??
    Last edited by kovmps6; 08-12-2009 at 09:16 AM.