User Tag List

Thread: Boot size - with or without subwoofer, golf bags?

Default Boot size - with or without subwoofer, golf bags?

Hi folks, unusual question, but does anyone here play golf, and can you fit your golf clubs easily enough in the boot?

Also, does anyone have a picture of what the boot looks like on the Luxury model with the subwoofer installed.

I play golf every weekend, so this is actually more important than it may seem...

golf clubs will fit if the boot is empty but you can have issues with your buggy...(pending size)...if it gets too full just drop one or both or the rear seats and your sweet.

Cool ok - does the subwoofer actually take any room in the boot - looking at the pictures of cars on carsales doesn't show the boot to be any different on the luxury mps vs the regular mps...

Blog Entries

Isn't the bose sub in the boot actually in the spare wheel well?

Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post
    Hi folks, unusual question, but does anyone here play golf, and can you fit your golf clubs easily enough in the boot?

Also, does anyone have a picture of what the boot looks like on the Luxury model with the subwoofer installed.

I play golf every weekend, so this is actually more important than it may seem...
    It is a very important question, "Will my clubs fit?" FYI I can fit 3 sets of clubs and one folding buggy in the 6 MPS boot This was part of the reason why I didn't buy an RX-8 when I upgraded from my SP23 sedan (FYI they fitted nicely in the sedan boot of the 3)

With the 3 the width is less than a 6 so your bag will have to sit diagonally, if your buggy is small then should not be a problem. Best thing is to measure your gear then go to Mazda and ask if you can measure the boot dimensions, the Gen I and Gen II boots are very similar!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

If you are asking about the Gen 2 3MPS. My bag with the clubs in it does not fit diagonally. I have to take the driver out of the bag and lay it straight in the boot and then it all will fit.

My buggy in not small and it will also fits

My Sp23 sedan was a lot better fit for the clubs.

P.S yes you could put the back seat down and then you will not have any issues.

Ok - I currently have a 2003 Mazda 323 Hatch - my clubs don't fit in the boot on their own, I have to take my drivers out and then they'll fit together - there is no room for my buggy in there with them, it's a 3 piece so I can put the handle and seat in the boot, but the folded up frame with wheels need to go in the back seat.

Folding down the seats is an option, and when saw the MPS a few months ago, it did seem like the boot would be a bit small for my set, but I guess I can fold the seats down...

Can anyone confirm the Subwoofer in the Luxury MPS doesn't take up any additional boot space?

The sub takes up no space at all, in the new MPS the sub in in the spare wheel and the old ones its under the back seat

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    The sub takes up no space at all, in the new MPS the sub in in the spare wheel and the old ones its under the back seat
    Technically not true, the sub actually raises the height of the floor of the boot, reducing capacity by something like 6 - 12 L.

OP my clubs will fit diagonally but i have to take my driver out and lay it down first, with the club head in the nearest right corner, not too much effort, i also can fit a 3 part buggy in the boot.

Cheers

i dont play golf but i play tenpin bowling and the bags do get quite big! i fit my 4 ball bag in a gen 2's boot n still more room

Thought about taking your clubs down to a dealer to test? If your spending 40K+, you might as well test it out.

I have a friend who just purchased an VW R36 sedan. Rode his push bike up to the dealer to test if it would fit in the boot.
    Ended up putting a deposit on the car on the spot. Apparently he was the first person the dealer had seen who rode up on a push bike to buy a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Thought about taking your clubs down to a dealer to test? If your spending 40K+, you might as well test it out.
    Sadly, the only time the local dealer has had an MPS available is on launch - I got a test drive back then, but didn't get a chance to try out my golf clubs! I'm actually keen to go for another test drive (that was a good couple of months ago now), but we'll have to wait and see if they get any more in stock (unlikely).

I test fitted baby seats when I bought my SP20.

Just ask them if they can get one for testing, as long as you are prepared to leave a deposit, I'm sure they'll accept