User Tag List

Thread: aftermarket downpipe increases under bonnet temps?

Default aftermarket downpipe increases under bonnet temps?

hey,

so i finally motivated myself to install the down pipe that was sitting in my garage for ages.

so besides that fact that it was a pain in the arse, even though i used hoist, and had to resort to using a hot spanner, it appears as though the intake temp readings on the dash hawk now increase really quickly when the car is stopped - using a sri as well by the way

with the engine running and the bonnet open, there is a lot more heat above the turbo compared to when the stock downpipe was installed.

so, did anyone else have the same issue when they changed the downpipe? do i have an exhaust leak somehwere? or maybe the shields arent on properly?

i am not getting any of the fumes with the bonnet open, so i am thinking maybe its because the aftermarket downpipe isnt as shielded as the factory one, therefore the extra heat. plus i am pretty sure all the hose clamps connecting the tmic and sri are tight.

thanks

The std DP has heatsheilds fitted for this reason. Its only an issue when you are stopped for extended periods.