User Tag List

Thread: Folding JDM mirrors

1. Default Folding JDM mirrors

Anyone know about these found on a US forum

Apparently "They are the same size, just the are auto folding. Fold in when the car is off and fold out when I turn the car on. Plus have a button to fold them in/out when you want. Blinker on the outside of the mirror, courtesy light on the bottom, that turns on when the door is opened, and the dual bevel mirror so you can see your blind spot better."
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

I know a guy here who bought them for his wife's Mazda 2, last time I caught up with he hadn't wired up the folding mechanism, apparently the wiring and relays are all in place for them as they have them in Japan on stock! He actually needed to replace the standard mirror and didn't like the genuine Mazda price so he found some of the folding ones for less!

I've been looking for info on these, are the a mazda or aftermarket part?

4. Default

Another reason I bought my scooby... lol... comes standard as does gas struts on the bonnet

Its the simple things in life that are often the best.

they are sickk
    i want some too

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Another reason I bought my scooby... lol... comes standard as does gas struts on the bonnet

Its the simple things in life that are often the best.
    I guess you would expect them on your car when your paying $30K more

On another note...

Had a set of these on my Opel Corsa....

Wiring can be a PITA...but with time and patient...its rather easy to install.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Yeah I thought it was a bit silly that they arent standard on the mps, they come stock on GTiRs and are awesome for car parks and close parking :P

I have these on my car Mel, but they aren't the auto-folding ones. I thought you saw them on my car at the Bathurst cruise a few weeks back? I'm pretty sure they are JDM; I purchased off ebay from 'thespeedline', but the guy has his own website now:

TheSpeedline International CO., Ltd Home Page

Ivan (m6gr8 from OzMazdaClub) has the auto folding ones on his 6MPS.

There are three different types of mirrors you can get:
    1. manual folding (the ones I have)
    2. folding with switch installed inside your car
    3. auto folding - they fold in/out when you turn off/on ACC power

All of these mirrors come with the LED 'puddle' light on the underside of the mirror; these come on in sync with your interior lights. I'm pretty sure they are all heated too (mine were). They are plug and play for the heating and mirror adjustment. For the puddle light I tapped power from the courtesy light on the front door, and for the blinker I tapped power from the indicator on the front mudguard. Because I have the manual fodling I didnt have to wire up for the electric folding.

Hope this helps

Some pics of mine:

(OEM on left; JDM on right)

9. Default

There you go Nick, thats fantastic, a huge thankyou.

I was so blown away with the sound of your car, your LED tailights, your black rims and just how great your cars looking I didnt even check out your mirrors

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Maybe I should organise a group buy They have heaps of cool stuff
    Last edited by blackbetty; 29-11-2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    There you go Nick, thats fantastic, a huge thankyou.

I was so blown away with the sound of your car, your LED tailights, your black rims and just how great your cars looking I didnt even check out your mirrors

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Maybe I should organise a group buy They have heaps of cool stuff
    No probs, happy to help out. I've been meaning to post up some threads and pics about the mods I have on my car (report on my LED tails coming soon) but work has been preventing this the last few weeks.

Thanks for the comments on the car I still like your rims better though. Every time I see them I try and imagine how they'd look on a white 6MPS........anytime you want to swap let me know

They look great

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    I know a guy here who bought them for his wife's Mazda 2, last time I caught up with he hadn't wired up the folding mechanism, apparently the wiring and relays are all in place for them as they have them in Japan on stock! He actually needed to replace the standard mirror and didn't like the genuine Mazda price so he found some of the folding ones for less!
    I happen to know a guy who put in auto folding side mirrors for his wife's mazda 2 too!. He told me exacly the same thing about the wiring -that its all there just need to get stuff from Japan cos apparently its pretty standard gear over there.

I wonder if it's the same guy.
    2009 Mazda 3 MPS Luxury | Black

Looks tidy

The puddle light looks sweet

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    The puddle light looks sweet
    You can't see them at all during the day but they do emit a nice white light in a dark carpark or at night. Looks cool at night when you unlock the car (when you have them wired to sync with interior lights)

i reckon that it would be very easy to add some small leds to the underside for the puddle lighting. Does anyone know how you get the mirror out of its housing, id like to give it a go.