User Tag List

Thread: opinions on servicing, time or kms?

Default opinions on servicing, time or kms?

So the mps is nearing 30,000kms but is also 2 years since sale. usually ive serviced cars in the past due to kms as they have been over 10 years old, however given the mps is alot newer, do people usually service based on recommended time or just stick to kms? obviously in my case the 30,000km service is small vs the 40000km/ 2 years service is much bigger. thoughts?
    Last edited by nath; 27-11-2009 at 09:16 AM.

2. Default

Nath, Im only on a 15,000k/year lease but always take it in every 6 months for my service. I always take it to Slaven too I find them really good

yeah? rolfe is probably more convient working in Dickon, guess I could make use of their courtesy car..

I go by the k's, always have but that's just my opinion.

mine is at slaven as we speak !

My km's are generally pretty close to the time anyways, however if your planning on going on a trip or distance drive best to get it done then for peace of mind.

Mazda service recommendation in the owners manual is 6 months or 10,000km's which ever comes first.

I've also heard that driving low km's or short start-stop runs breaks down the oil quicker and increases the level of contaminants, thus it will require replacing sooner (ie 6 months even if the kays are only 4,000!)

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Mazda service recommendation in the owners manual is 6 months or 10,000km's which ever comes first.

I've also heard that driving low km's or short start-stop runs breaks down the oil quicker and increases the level of contaminants, thus it will require replacing sooner (ie 6 months even if the kays are only 4,000!)
    That is quite correct. Either the 30 or 40k service will change oil so I'm not so concerned about that aspect, but more so the few extra things that are done for the 40k service, which after looking at I don't really see necessary to do now. Doing long km's will hit 40k pretty quickly, and by the time I hit 50k ill have probably beaten the time factor of the service anyway.

$380 for 20k service, i wasn't sure how much to expect but is that about right anyone ?

^^sounds like u were ripped.........

I have serviced my car myself since 70000kms...

I dont allow Mazda to touch my car anymore...

Now on 114000kms....about to crack 115000

I change my oil and filters every 5000kms....

I do tyre rotation every 5000kms...usually myself..

I get my wheel alignment and balancing done every 10000kms.

I have never had a problem....and its nearly 3yrs old.

Sorry to say guys....but mazda rip you off on service...the labour is about $80+/hr

I know my log book isnt stamped...and warranty blah blah blah....

But warranty ends in Jan....and basically had nearly 1.5yrs of no problems doing it myself...

Oh...and no PCM updates.....

Happy Motoring
    duglet

How tight are all your suspension and chassis bits Doug? I notice that mine get tightened up or checked every service at Mazda, wouldn't be hard to do yourself.

I'd service mine or go somewhere else but it's a condition of my lease that is has to be serviced at a Mazda dealer...

12. Default

Hi guys I'm due
    for my service it's on 87,000 what needS to be done exactly as this my first car n first service??

13. Default

there are people who only change the oil every 10,000km on an mps?

wow