User Tag List

Thread: TMIC Cover Logo

Default TMIC Cover Logo

Apparently some MPS's are prone to melting the chrome off the TMIC cover Mazda Logo. Both my MPS6 and son's MPS3 had the chrome logo destroyed by heat. I removed the chrome and painted mine black which looked good. On the Apollo Road cruise it got hot again and badly warped the logo.

The Mazda Logo on the cover for TMIC is not sold separately. I priced a cover genuine it was around $900. A little expensive for a chrome plastic badge.

I had a winfall and found the logo on ebay for US$8.99 on ebay with free delivery. It arrived and is the right one. I have re-ordered a few spares for us from him - he hasn't relisted them yet, but just may in the future or maybe an email through the ebay link.

EBAY
    Item number: 330379075421
    Item location: A.Mueang, Phrae, Thailand

Thanks for sharing rd415.

It doesn't actually "melt", although the heat around that area is pretty intense. The entire back of the TMIC cover gets really hot, as does the heat shielding on the firewall and around the clutch fluid reservoir.

The plastic "chrome" just doesn't stick well to the plastic backing and the heat causes it to lift off. I peeled all of mine off after it started to blister and look crappy. I'll get around to repainting it one day, possibly in engine heat resistant crackle black.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    It doesn't actually "melt", although the heat around that area is pretty intense. The entire back of the TMIC cover gets really hot, as does the heat shielding on the firewall and around the clutch fluid reservoir.

The plastic "chrome" just doesn't stick well to the plastic backing and the heat causes it to lift off. I peeled all of mine off after it started to blister and look crappy. I'll get around to repainting it one day, possibly in engine heat resistant crackle black.
    Actually dads did melt, sort of. he took the chrome off, painted it, and after it warped badly. It might matter how litterly you define the word melt but it certainly did soften enough to be a problem.

My one cracked

seriously, it costs $900 for that black shroud thing for the intercooler?

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
    seriously, it costs $900 for that black shroud thing for the intercooler?
    Yep - the badge logo is not sold separately. There are photo's of my warped badge somewhere in the forum

There are badges listed on ebay No. 330381859159 US$8.99 free postage and 19 days listing
    Last edited by rd415; 10-12-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: add new ebay listing