User Tag List

Thread: Wheels Magazine 2005 - Mazda 6 MPS Review

Default Wheels Magazine 2005 - Mazda 6 MPS Review

Hi all, Had this copy of the Wheels magazine from Dec 05 at home and thought I'd share the article which convinced me to buy one, enjoy

Attached Files Attached Files

Are you happy with your "mature driving" choice?

Thanks for posting it up.

Edit: Just read it, didn't realise the 6 MPS was such a porker! 1639kg?! Always love seeing the rolling start performance figures from the MPS's also, they briefly mention it but buried in the performance figures are the awesome numbers which set the MPS series cars apart from the rest.
    Last edited by TD; 24-11-2009 at 05:39 AM.

Mps 6 ftw

i read this article at my docs wouldnt mind this magazine but can't justify spending $15 on ebay for it

the liberty is so bland and boring

5. Default

I can't remember how many times I read that article before buying my MPS. It wasn't that I needed convincing, just driving the 2 back to back is enough to show which is the torque monster.

Thanks for posting it up. I've lost my magazine and have searched all over for the article.

Thanks for the post of this

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Are you happy with your "mature driving" choice?

Thanks for posting it up.

Edit: Just read it, didn't realise the 6 MPS was such a porker! 1639kg?! Always love seeing the rolling start performance figures from the MPS's also, they briefly mention it but buried in the performance figures are the awesome numbers which set the MPS series cars apart from the rest.
    Very happy with my Mature Driving Choice, I feel so mature when I utilise the rolling acceleration in 3rd

You're welcome everyone, this is my favourite Wheels issue, 2nd is when they previewed the MPS6 in Japan (can post this too!) and 3rd is the MPS3 Gen I review
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

yeah, I remember that review as well. But I bought mine before they release that magazine.

I knew I made the right choice.

Good article. I tell ya, Nice to find an article in a Wheels or Motor mag that shows things properly. Apparently the VE and FG XR6 and SV6's are quicker than the GEN II 3 MPS.... according to a new 'magazine' article. :P

Interesting about the comment the above article regarding the 6MPS made to do wiith the 0-100kph time... max kph out of 2nd is 84kph so a 3rd gear change is needed to get the magic 100kph mark.. instead of normally only 1 change. ( or none, in a nice ratio auto lol)

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Yeah my beast is a little on the heavy side, more incentive for me to stay trim! However the new GT-R is 1780kgs, so really the MPS 6 is light in comparison just needs a lot more horsepower

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    Good article. I tell ya, Nice to find an article in a Wheels or Motor mag that shows things properly. Apparently the VE and FG XR6 and SV6's are quicker than the GEN II 3 MPS.... according to a new 'magazine' article. :P

Interesting about the comment the above article regarding the 6MPS made to do wiith the 0-100kph time... max kph out of 2nd is 84kph so a 3rd gear change is needed to get the magic 100kph mark.. instead of normally only 1 change. ( or none, in a nice ratio auto lol)
    XR6 and SV6 may be quicker but they're also heavier, Gen II MPS 3 would have them on the track, and our MPS 6's would too
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Yeah my beast is a little on the heavy side, more incentive for me to stay trim! However the new GT-R is 1780kgs, so really the MPS 6 is light in comparison just needs a lot more horsepower

XR6 and SV6 may be quicker but they're also heavier, Gen II MPS 3 would have them on the track, and our MPS 6's would too
    Dont have to wait for the track....just the first bend or sweeper on the road and you win easy.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

yeap mps wins over lib anyday

Nice review

Very nice.. thanks for that ... MPS owns hehe

Thanks for posting that up! I've been looking for it everywhere, but to no avail.

For the new members looking to buy a 6 MPS or have just bought one, this article is a good read