User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thrust Bearing or Neutral Plain...

I cant belive they replaced the gearbox BEFORE the release bearing ...wtf....
    Ive had the bearing replaced & the noise is still there, but not as much as it was originally.
    1st to 2nd crunch is fairly normal on initial change after start up.....dont let either of these things concern you too much, although a little bit annoying, they are pretty much standard.

2. Default

when you think about it the noise cant be the clutch release bearing and must be on the input shaft in the gearbox. but given the fact i have had the gearbox replaced under warranty and it was still there. must be normal.

guess il have to deal with it. maybe a new exhaust and intake and ill never hear it??

only had it 2 months. anyone got any good cheap mods for more power or noise??

thanks

I had that same noise when the clutch is out and disappears when clutch is in. I took it to Ringwood Mazda in Vic here, and they replaced my gearbox under warranty. Noise is still there, but not quite as loud. I don't mind though. I like my cars to sound tough. As long as it's not a terminal problem...

My car has this noise as well.

It is quite loud when i have the window down and rather annoying

Mazda dealer advised it is normal and wouldn't do anything about it.

..normal..sorry

I would be interested to hear another mps with the noise to see how mine compares.

I am convinced mine has gotten louder.

my MPS does the same thing, noticed it not long after i bought it new, took it to the dealer and the mechanic explained to me that these g/boxes have 3 shafts in them opposed to the usual 1 or 2 and that the noise u can hear is just the sound of the 3 shafts rotating at idle, nothing to worry about. since that day which was over 3 years ago my car still has the same noise and it hasnt gotten any worse so yeh i wouldnt be too concerned unless it really does start getting dramatically worse.....

NATH has got it pretty right I think. Most thrusts will rattle a bit. It's not usually the bearing itself but its interraction with the throwout bearing fork carrier assembly. There will always be associated rumble as various components in the gearbox are turning too. I had serious clutch throwout bearing and fork rattle in my old Austin 1800 years ago. I stressed about it initially but it lasted for the entire life of the car, over 300,000km and was never a problem.

Problem discussed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12