User Tag List

Thread: Cd steering controls problem

Default Cd steering controls problem

Hi guys, since i;ve had my mps the controls on the steering wheel to control the stereo system seem to be stiff, and sometime not on hotter days..come to the conclusion that the guy who had it before me spilt something down there....and the temperature makes the stuff in there less viscous

is there anyway to possibly open it up without breaking anything so i can get in there and clean it all?
    or is there a possible lubricant spray i can use to open it up for use...

Also the cover that goes over the two cup holders next to the handbrake is quite temperamental... just wondering if theres any way to make it work freely...and close shut first time and open first time without having to force it down etc?....

thanks

Hi mate, you've got a 6 MPS right? If yes which I'm pretty sure you have, you can find the component breakdown of the steering wheel audio controls in the link below, it's in the full 35meg file, Page T-99

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...p-manuals.html

Never done this but be wary of the Airbag accidentally deploying if you decide to pull the steering wheel apart, if unsure get an auto electrician or Mazda to do it.

I've also dropped an image here,
    Cheers
    Chris

R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6