User Tag List

Thread: noob in detailing

Default noob in detailing

Hi guys,

Been reading around the detailing forum for awhile and decided its time i get all the crap and bugs off my mps3. I bought myself a wash mitt, turtlewax car shampoo and meguiars quik clay kit with a tar and bug remover. Now the sealant and waxing part...

My paint has been detailed by the dealer when i got it in September and waxed during that time. I'm thinking of getting the OCW wax to finish everything off after the above. Am i missing anything else? Some ppl have mentioned getting a sealant...how important is this process or is it the same as waxing?

If there are other things if i need to get, could i get a website/contact on where to buy it? (even with the OCW, could i ask where do members usually get them from? I'm looking for a wax that long lasting like 3 months as I usually have time to wash my car but usually not the waxing. CHeers guys and thanks in advance

Hi Mech,

OCW and other spray waxes like that are used more as a maintenance wax. In other words a quick and easy way to boost your protection. They only last a number of weeks.

What you'll need is a paint cleaner to prep the surface and then a longer lasting wax/sealant to lay down. You can then maintain this protection with your spray wax/sealant.

We have put together a kit for this containing products, cloths and applicators that is being used by other members of the forum on the Gen 2 MPS with great results Paint Protection Kit

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Hi Mech,

OCW and other spray waxes like that are used more as a maintenance wax. In other words a quick and easy way to boost your protection. They only last a number of weeks.

What you'll need is a paint cleaner to prep the surface and then a longer lasting wax/sealant to lay down. You can then maintain this protection with your spray wax/sealant.

We have put together a kit for this containing products, cloths and applicators that is being used by other members of the forum on the Gen 2 MPS with great results Paint Protection Kit

hey joel,
    when will this kit be back in stock?
    put me down for one when it comes back please!

Hi Stevie

Will be back next week. All our shipments have been delayed over the christmas break and we started running out of things.

Victoria Wax shipment came in this week, next week Prima, Finish Kare, Lake Country and various other items.