User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RenaultSport Megane R250 Cup

Thumbs up I fully agree !!!

Quote Originally Posted by heath_303 View Post
    also it was done by an amateur, the Megane and RS would have factory backed drivers pounding out the laps to get the quoted times... give the 3MPS to someone who can really drive and watch the times tumble

Yes there are so many variables ,weather ,track temp tyre choice wet road fog to name a few . I am told if a driver is not familiar with the circuit lap times can be down by 2 minutes in the wet and 35seconds in dry conditions, r spec tyres are a 20sec advantage in the dry on Nurumberg Ring on a Porsche gt3 road car according to Yokahama
    Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 21-11-2009 at 12:58 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

was considering the previous gen megane but went with mps. could not get past the ass end of the old gen. but like the shape of this one a lot more. sounds like it would handle so damn well.

What he said above so true..

[YOUTUBE]SbDte_KSB7s[/YOUTUBE]

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Ford RS FTMFW!

I would take the RS any day it's an animal..... Do you guys really think the megane looks good?

The megane doesnt look too bad but the RS just look too good, outside and not bad inside and whats more important its got power and performance to match the looks!

great car the new megane.like it alot.Got to hand to the french they know how to make a car handle,maybe they should hand over the mps to them and see what they can do with it?

10. Default

Im liking it alot, except for the front grille. It just looks weird, and doesnt' match the rest of the exterior at all. They put a similar fromt-end look on the updated Clio a couple of months back, and it looks worse than the original front end.

But still not as bad as the new Mazda3. I still can't warm to its big smiley face, unless it's a black MPS which tends to hide the black grille a little more than other exterior colours

ugly ugly ugly
    but must be so much fun to drive it
    i drove my firend's Renault Sport Megane 225 before, it was a awesome car to drive..

I considered the old model but struggled with the window/arse of the car. That said it was way better to drive than the 3 mps. A guy near me has one and he gets through the backstreets quicker than I can. Numbers are not everything.

In the flesh this car is better. It was at the motor show and it was hot. The focus is crazy but dated. And really awkward inside. And there is a race model of the megane so compare the looks of that to focus rs and you'll see why the focus is not great.
    Last edited by TUFMPS; 31-10-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    " if you can't beat 'em join 'em"

New car : FPV FG F6 310

Love the looks of the new renault, and the way they drive nearly convinsed me to buy a RS F1 cup.
    Backed away from that idea because of the build quality. If they have improved on that, the new Megane WILL be my next car.
    Have 2 friends with Clios, 1 normal the other a Sport.
    The sport is awesome. Doesn't matter that they don't have a huge power figure, because one you have them wund up you don't need to slowdown. Its all about power to weight and being able to make the most of what power it has
    The normal Clio is built worse than his old GSR lancer (so thats saying a lot!)

Lol, i reckon its awesome the MPS can lap Nurb almost as fast as a RS, considering has 5 doors and plenty of room for a family or 4 adults... Would like too see 4 adults comfortable in a Megane.

MPS isn't as sporty-ed up as the RS and Megane Cup are its more of a tame version but still keeps up easily.

Never cornered in a renault have you?
    Straight line yes, the mps is quicker, just, but no chance in a corner

Megane will eat any stock car in a corner.....straight line....pffft...if you want that...get a V8

Happy Motoring
    duglet

This is the back of the renault megane race car- it's the only photo I have but im sure more can be found on google somewhere. It makes the focus rs look weak.

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/IMG_0217.jpg

the car car looks hot.. but its not a road car
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 31-10-2010 at 02:18 PM.

I'm sure that a road going version could be made.

Im sure not

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast