User Tag List

Thread: new tech bulletin

1. Thumbs down new tech bulletin

hey guyd and gals
    just got the mps back from a 60k service
    I had complained about the starter motor being noisy.
    It started the motor and then seemed as though it did not disengage for a few seconds. It made very embarrassing noises.

Answer for the dealer - Found rattle from engine timing cover area suspect variable valve actuator.

More comment - Mazda has issued a tech bulletin about this problem affecting all the turbo 2.3 cars ( 3, 6 and the cx? )
    is anyone aware of this ?

Bottom line is my dealer is negotiating with Mazda to get mine fixed under warranty ( even though mine expired 3 months ago )

hold on, is the TSB for the starter or the rattle?
    Mine has this weird arse rattle when its warm for a while now, driving me nuts!

Variable Valve Actuator is a common problem and mine was replaced at 20K service without even mentioning it.

It should be fixed whether you have warranty left or not.

Im surprised it took thing long for them to work it out.

Anyways.....lets us know your progress.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

What are the symptoms of that duggie? Ive not read about it before.

hmm, havnt heard of this as yet.

My friend had a CAMSHAFT replaced under warranty in his CX7 MZR due to a failed controller\sprocket of some sort... will have to find out exactly.

Symptoms of the Variable Valve actuator problem would be fantastic guys! Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Ok, so just did some searching around and found this..
    http://www.finishlineperformance.com...02-08-1896.pdf

Technical Service Bulletin regarding the issue

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

anyone else??

symptom is usually a very distinctive rattle on start up that last's a few seconds. Has been an issue for some time now but most commonly on CX7's.

Hmm.. I have a distinctive rattle but its always there, random intervals though... any chance?

Mazda have me booked in on the 14th to replace the parts! I told them them about the noise I'm getting and there's a tsb about it, they looked it up and asked me for details and exactly when it does it. I told them itdoes it bad at initial start up in the morning but also it does it a little when you leave the carfor about 2 hours and then start it.

They said as yours is in the date range we will order the parts and clear the work thru Mazda aus and no need for any further diagnostics. No point as the engine and car are within the tsb date range!

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Hmm.. I have a distinctive rattle but its always there, random intervals though... any chance?
    I get a similar thing some days. Will report on any changes after they drop the oil twice and replace the vct parts.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

hmm mine sounds more like timing chain or something else, though it sounds to be coming from that area in general..

11. Default

The tsb is for the vvt actuator

depending on your vin range they we might replace ur pcm or both pcm and actuator

symptoms are comonly

Lack of power after rattle has oocured
    or notible rattle.

do not the mzr engines cam driven fuel pump is always rattly.

this is more common for cx7's tho

This thread here has the TSB's with VIN's

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...-cx7-2-3t.html