User Tag List

Thread: Vibrations - Is it really my TRZ

1. Default Vibrations - Is it really my TRZ

Hi guys. I've been concerned with some of the vibrations I am getting when the car is coasting in gear.
    I have a TRZ poly rear mount and if I am coasting, as the rpm's wind down to about 3300 rpm, the vibrations are pretty horrible.
    What I am concerned about is that it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes the car feels really smooth.
    It's a weired reasonance and if I touch the accelerator a little, the vibrations stop. Could another mount be broken? Does anyone experience similar with the TRZ?

I have a secret component that might eliminate your vibration. Where are you located?

Ive had the same thing but the vibes are very minimal & definately not over the top as yours seem to be. I just took it as being that way because of the stiffer-than-stock mount. Its kinda weird because there really should be minimal engine movement if you are just coasting.
    Whats the secret component kmh001??????????

Quote Originally Posted by MPS 250 PLUS View Post
    Hi guys. I've been concerned with some of the vibrations I am getting when the car is coasting in gear.
    I have a TRZ poly rear mount and if I am coasting, as the rpm's wind down to about 3300 rpm, the vibrations are pretty horrible.
    What I am concerned about is that it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes the car feels really smooth.
    It's a weired reasonance and if I touch the accelerator a little, the vibrations stop. Could another mount be broken? Does anyone experience similar with the TRZ?
    yeah my mount does that every now and again. Its just a warning mechanism to stop driving like a girl
    Alcohol - Some Of The Best Times, You Will Never Remember

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Ive had the same thing but the vibes are very minimal & definately not over the top as yours seem to be. I just took it as being that way because of the stiffer-than-stock mount. Its kinda weird because there really should be minimal engine movement if you are just coasting.
    Whats the secret component kmh001??????????
    It's not coasting in Neutral. Example: doing 100kmh (4000rpm) in 4th and taking your foot off the accelerator and letting the engine slow the car. Once the revs drop to around 3300ish is when the vibrations start, until the engine speed drops below about 2200rpm and they stop.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    yeah my mount does that every now and again. Its just a warning mechanism to stop driving like a girl
    Sorry to hear you have that problem. I hear surgery can fix it.........

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    I have a secret component that might eliminate your vibration. Where are you located?
    I'm in Sydney. Fill me in.....

Have a look at what I just posted in "rough running MPS". Reducing the spark plug gap did amazing things to eliminate the vibrations in my car.

Mazda replaced the drive shaft in my car last week and the vibrations are back worse than ever but I think that's another story.

If you want to come down to Wollongong to borrow my diagnostic spark plugs you're welcome. Better still if you're coming on the cruise on Sunday I can give them to you then, if you want to try it.

9. Default

When my 3MPS gets hot after a good run, it ends up a little rough at idle sitting at the lights. Not sure if this is the SU rear engine mount doing weird things, or maybe something else causing the vibrations to be more harsh than when I've just started her in the morning.... Any ideas?

It wouldn't hurt to try colder plugs.

resurrection..

any more input on this one? I seem to have the same problem.. but maybe its because im not used to it yet!

yep, its the Rear mount... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR