User Tag List

Thread: PG v3 Manifold + CS Downpipe

Default PG v3 Manifold + CS Downpipe

For those looking for a manifold, i have recently installed the Protege Garage v3 Manifold and as many have read, its the perfect time to install a downpipe so went for the Corksport Downpipe.

Install was the biggest pita, but glad its finally over! havent driven it really get a feel, only the initial test drive to make sure I had no CEL's but couldnt help but give it a few squirts.

I had a Corksport catback, now with the PG mani and CS downpipe, the exhaust seems much quieter now, with the limited squirts I gave the car it feels like its breathing so much better now and just wants to keep going.

Heres some pics - dont have any recordings as my camera doesnt record the lower tones

Tools used, required longer than normal 14mm spanners and the O2 socket made removing the sensors a breeze

No issues with removing the first cat? I'm curious some people said it throws up CELs with it gone.

ive started the car a few times once it was installed and once last night, so far no CEL.

The corksport has an extender piece which the bottom O2 sensor screws into, which then you screw into the downpipe. This is suppose to "trick" the sensor and not trigger a CEL.

Have my DH to check also if I do get a CEL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    ive started the car a few times once it was installed and once last night, so far no CEL.

The corksport has an extender piece which the bottom O2 sensor screws into, which then you screw into the downpipe. This is suppose to "trick" the sensor and not trigger a CEL.

Have my DH to check also if I do get a CEL.
    I believe a better alternative to tricking the ECU is relocate the second O2 sensor after the (now only) cat. So the ECU is still getting before and after CAT readings from the O2 sensors....

I don't really like the idea of "tricking" the ECU with a arguably dodgy O2 sensor fitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    I believe a better alternative to tricking the ECU is relocate the second O2 sensor after the (now only) cat. So the ECU is still getting before and after CAT readings from the O2 sensors....

I don't really like the idea of "tricking" the ECU with a arguably dodgy O2 sensor fitment.
    for this to happen you'd need to extend the O2 sensor wires, at best id say the second sensor is 20cm in length if not less, I don't think that would reach the second cat.

either way, im happy there are no CEL's to report. hope it stays that way

Oh my.

What a sexy looking manifold.

Great work mate.

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    for this to happen you'd need to extend the O2 sensor wires, at best id say the second sensor is 20cm in length if not less, I don't think that would reach the second cat.

either way, im happy there are no CEL's to report. hope it stays that way

Mine had the O2 sensor extended..., so far no CELS from 7 months and counting

Congratz on the mods mate , Im a bit puzzled how is that your exhaust went quieter despite installing the DP which would have opened the exhaust right up hence more noise.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

my exhaust note has always been a touch louder than most, even when stock
    perhaps it was its "good" upbringing that made it louder
    no complaints from me though as I was quite happy that it toned down a bit, have to see how it goes at WOT though, i think that may have changed a bit

I guess you never had just the downpipe on but i wanted to know if the manifold lost you the burble sound.. what does she sound like now if you can give us some idea?

it did lose the burble though i do still get it every so often but not as much as I did.

as for sound, its quiet at idle compared to when I had just the CS catback, roars as you get up in the range. but sound is different from just having the catback
    its not quite the tractor sound that some of the silvias make but its somewhere along those lines

be much easier if my camera would record the sound better so I could post it up
    not the best explanation i guess, but maybe ill test recordings on other friends cameras soon