User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highest intake temp?

Default Highest intake temp?

I would like to know what the highest intake temp you guys have seen.

While I was stuck in traffic on my way down to the GC today, my intake temp was hovering around 70-72 deg. After a while I glanced over at it right before I started moving and it was a staggering 83 degrees.......

Anybody seen this high a temp before?

i got close to that.got to 78degrees.. was a stinker of a day and being stuck in the M5 tunnel in peak hour traffic isnt really the place you'd want to be as all sydney guys should know

74 is the highest I've had

pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    pop!
    Yours doesn't count

I got today 64, i was expecting to go higher with the new SRI though...it does come down pretty quickly once you start moving .

whhy??? lol

Got 81 about 1 hour a go, stucked in traffic in the city, ambient aroun 37 !!!!

Blog Entries

Just hit 60 sitting in traffic...Amb Temp was 36!

We don't get enough heavy traffic here, though 60 was the highest from memory last summer in traffic, did have a 40 degree day though. Longest full stop/slow crawl was prob around 5 mins, then bit of movement sends the temp down! Will monitor again when I find some traffic

50-55 was probably the highest for my CAI.
    I think we should really look at boost temp instead? which is after TMIC.

You guys think the ambient temperature reading is actually correct? Ambient temperature is basically just the outside temperature right? It seems to be reading higher than it really is if you compare it to the weather forecast or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pHiLix View Post
    You guys think the ambient temperature reading is actually correct? Ambient temperature is basically just the outside temperature right? It seems to be reading higher than it really is if you compare it to the weather forecast or something like that.
    I do think its correct, it has pretty pretty much spot on with the temperature given by radio news and morning radio shows.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by pHiLix View Post
    Depending on where your car is will greatly affect the ambient temp sensor and it will vary from what the weather forecast predicts.

Example, weatherman reads weather at 10am "it's 32 degrees..." you're in the car stationary in direct sunlight, ambient temp reads 35 degrees or more, drive off start moving and it will probably drop a little, park in the shade after a few minutes the ambient temp will probably drop to 32 degrees.

The sensor is located behind the grille and is used in conjunction with the cabin temp sensor and solar radiation sensor (on the top of the dash) to determine the best airflow and temp for your climate control system. I'm pretty sure it has no effect on the air intake system, as this has it's own host of sensors to do the work.

Back to the topic, it appears SRI's are experience higher IAT's as mentioned we should probably monitor boost temp too, for those who can and when you're next in traffic, please monitor IAT, Boost Temp and Ambient Temp and post your results. Once we have a few, we can analyse the results
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I've noticed my boost temp hovers around 50-54 deg. When accelerating on low boost/load levels it drops to 46-48 deg.

I haven't watched it under heavy load yet.

Ambient, Intake and Boost temps please!

Quick run tonight

Spirited WOT for around 5 mins
    Ambient Temp - 18 degrees
    IAT - 23 degrees
    Boost - 48 degrees

Freeway - 80-120kph (5th and 6th gears)
    Ambient Temp 18 degrees
    IAT - 20 degrees
    Boost - 37 degrees

Where are you guys getting all these readings from? Some aftermarket unit?

R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Blog Entries

See attached dashcommand image.
    Are my BAT and IAT sensors plugged in back to front?
    Struggling to understand how I'm getting boost temps so low. Temps seem to be back to front, but I've double checked the PID's i'm logging..

That's SAE.IAT (Intake) and MAZDA.ENGINE.BAT_MZ (Boost) being logged for air temps.

?

Can provide the logfile and you can view playback with the demo version of dashcommand, I believe....

Am I misinterpreting something?
    second image graph is of IAT vs BAT over the 15min stop-start trip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	log_snapshot.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	1778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	log_snapshot2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	1779  

Blog Entries

Looking at the wiring diagram and docs, you shouldn't be able to plug MAP/BAT and MAF/IAT into the wrong socket - one has four wires, the other has five.

So I presume that my software is misleading me?

I'm going to double check my PID configs and run another log....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast