User Tag List

Thread: Sunroof

1. Default Sunroof

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a new MPS, and have a question regarding getting a sunroof. I was wondering whether there is a good reason that Mazda don't put out the MPS with a sunroof like they do the other 3 models.

Does it have anything to do with structural rigidity, and therefore stability and handling? I am not really looking for opinions here, I can also speculate that it may reduce stability, but it looks to me like the main body pillars run throguh the middle of the room, and not the area that a sunroof would go, but that there is a secondary pillar that is in that vicinity. So i was wondering.

1. Is that secondary pillar affected when they put the aftermarket sunroof in?
    2. Is the aftermarket sunroof handicapped by this second pillar?
    3. Does the after market it in a good spot? Is it any good.

I would really like a sunroof, but need some advise on the implications. The sales people didn't strike me as the brightest bunch, so didn't even bother asking.

Cheers,
    Paul

I have heard of some ppl getting a/m sunroofs and personally dont see the problem myself.

The sunroof has structural supports when fitted anyways, as I had one fitted to my MY04.5 Opel Corsa from new.

I do think it would affect the stability and handling in a little way, but not enough to not get one.

Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge can shed some light on this.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

I have seen a few with aftermarket sunroofs. Don't know if it changes the car much, but at least it can be done

Sorry no help with the sunroof! Hopefully it works out for you though!

The reason I was given for why you can not get a factory sunroof in an MPS is because the MPS is a low volume car (vs the whole Mazda 3 Range) and when the major dealers only get 2 - 3 a month having an option of a sunroof would complicate things.

welcome!! good luck with your new purchase!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    The reason I was given for why you can not get a factory sunroof in an MPS is because the MPS is a low volume car (vs the whole Mazda 3 Range) and when the major dealers only get 2 - 3 a month having an option of a sunroof would complicate things.
    Interesting reasoning as they fit it to the SP25, I'd assume the shell starts life the same way for both MPS and SP and they could order one in rather than keeping stock (may have a longer wait though)! The guys at the MPS drive day were given the explanation of "structual rigidity" and how a sun roof lessens this and Mazda's decision not to fit it. I cannot see a problem with fitting an aftermarket sunroof unless you were going to track it considerably or have some very bad roads where you're going to subject the chassis to lots of stresses regularly!

BTW, and good hunting with your MPS
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

i wud lurv a sunroof

Howdy and welcome aboard......sun roof's burn ur head.