User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cx7 FMIC

Default Cx7 FMIC

Hi everyone.

As a Christmas pressie to myself a mate and I want to do a custom fmic set up on the Cx7. I know the 6 and 3 mps are different to the 7 but the question I have for you all is how will the car react to it on the standard Mazda tune?? My mods so far are CPE cai and high flow cat with high flow muffler.

I would suggest you contact the mods guru 2XS (Troy) he might be able to help or enlighten you.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

swwweeeeeeeetttttt!!!!

It won't effect the tune. It's more of a fail-safe thing, rather than making power.

It's more about, Will the auto handle all the extra Kw's?

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    It won't effect the tune. It's more of a fail-safe thing, rather than making power.

It's more about, Will the auto handle all the extra Kw's?
    What do you mean "It's more of a fail-safe thing" ?
    I was more worried about entering boost/fuel cut territory.
    Apparently there are 2 transmission coolers, I'll have to double check myself. Even then I was thinking of installing another to fit were the old top mount was. what do you think?
    2007 Aurora Blue Mazda Cx7 ,on 20's, Pedders lowered springs, high flow cat and muffler, FMIC, CPE cai, TurboXS bov, 2 x Kid seats.

The FMIC will be more consistant with intake temps, less heatsoak.

I would suggest 2.25" from the turbo to the intercooler and 2.5" from the intercooler to throttle.

You won't get boost/fuel cut with a FMIC, more so with SRI than anything.

Trans cooler: I would maybe just upgrade one of the factory ones, rather than fitting a 3rd cooler.

Do you have a DashHawk? You can monitor and log intake and boost temps for comparisons too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    The FMIC will be more consistant with intake temps, less heatsoak.

I would suggest 2.25" from the turbo to the intercooler and 2.5" from the intercooler to throttle.

You won't get boost/fuel cut with a FMIC, more so with SRI than anything.

Trans cooler: I would maybe just upgrade one of the factory ones, rather than fitting a 3rd cooler.

Do you have a DashHawk? You can monitor and log intake and boost temps for comparisons too.

Thanks so much for your help. I dont have a dashhawk, one would come in handy right now.
    2007 Aurora Blue Mazda Cx7 ,on 20's, Pedders lowered springs, high flow cat and muffler, FMIC, CPE cai, TurboXS bov, 2 x Kid seats.

Any more questions, just ask.

Check out my thread, it may help a little. Make sure you get the best possible brand intercooler you can budget for. Efficiency is the key here

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...er-thread.html

that looks great, what were the results from the dashhawk?
    Also do you have any finished product pics?

I didn't have a DashHawk before I fitted the FMIC.

For finished pics check out MPSIs or You Loses Members Rides.

What about the ETS for the CX7?
    I have read about it being used before if you prefer a stealthier approach, still with good gains to be had.

ETS Top Mount Intercooler for Mazdaspeed 3 / 6 / CX-7 - Revolution Performance Motorsports!

You may be able to source it through MPSGarage

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    What about the ETS for the CX7?
    I have read about it being used before if you prefer a stealthier approach, still with good gains to be had.
    Lowered on 20s with an exhaust and BOV.

Somehow I don't think he's going for subtle.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
    lowered on 20s with an exhaust and bov.

Somehow i don't think he's going for subtle.

lmao:lol:

14. Default Done and very happy

OK OK all done. It took us all up 2 and a 1/2 days but it was way worth it. We ended up with all cooler piping in 2.5" SS and tried to pick the shortest path (less lag, auto and all) on both sides of the cooler. The cooler to the throttle body was great, just right round the corner and in.

While we were at it we made up a custom intake. I was never happy with the CPE cai I had, as soon as it would rain a little to much every time the turbo came on fuel cut would kick in . Now the pod is behind the headlight instead of low in the inner guard. I chopped the cpe intake to use the 1st half for the afm and pod mount and made the rest ourselves. It now goes 3" to 2.5" to 2" into the turbo.

The result is amazing the car has less lag on take off and feels faster, I love it. I also notice it gets a few more looks on the road .
    Here are a few pics, after I wash I'll take some better ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0177.jpg 
Views:	899 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	2026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0178.jpg 
Views:	1434 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	2027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0181.jpg 
Views:	834 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	2028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0184.jpg 
Views:	851 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	2029   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cx7fmic4.jpg 
Views:	980 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	2030  

15. Default

that looks seriously hot love the blackened emblem on the front too

Thats one hot looking CX7...

GotGo is looking good....

Very nice...Love the look of a front mount

Nice. I bet it has a street presence now. Looks like everyone was doing mods over the Xmas break. I just finished my turbo upgrade too.

20. Default Mmm

Hmm what's the plans for the old one. Me thinks cx7 mite likie?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast