User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MY10 Mazda 3 MPS Tune Development

1. Default MY10 Mazda 3 MPS Tune Development

ChipTorque have been assessing the new model Mazda 3 MPS to develop engine management improvements. Recently we have installed and tuned our XEDE Processor system on this model with some great results.

Here's some dyno graphs showing before and after power gains on a stock standard model with 98 Octane fuel. ChipTorque's XEDE Processor has acheived an improvement in excess of 20kW at the wheels in power and almost 100Nm torque at the flywheel!

Boost graph

Air fuel ratio graph

The XEDE Processor kit for this model will be available within the fortnight, once we have refined our tuning map a little more. This system can be installed to your vehicle by an auto electrician and is provided with XMap tuning software so that your vehicle can be custom dyno tuned locally to you.

[YOUTUBE]SWWvI_GjW24[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by duglet; 16-11-2009 at 08:18 PM.
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

I am very interested in this, for obvious reasons

There seems to be some debate about the output figures for the gen 2 with only the xede on.

Could you tell me how aggressively this car was tuned?

Is it a daily driveable tune or a very aggressive dyno tune? Will this tune run reliably at higher altitudes, I am at roughly 1000m elevation.

If just the xede can make those numbers you may have a customer very shortly
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

3. Default

We weren't aware of any debate, maybe you could point me in the direction of these discussions. The tune from these dyno graphs is not an aggressive tune, it is our normal tune revised from the gen1 XEDE tune. As mentioned we are still refining our base tune for improved driveability. There's a lot of torque steer at present, so we are looking to change the rate at which this comes on within the tune parameters. The overall power should be the same or similar in our final tune that we will supply with mailorder sales.

We have not done any testing at altitude with this vehicle as we are pretty close to sea level at ChipTorque. As with most vehicle's we'd predict that your vehicle would have a lower power output and boost level at that altitude - standard or with an XEDE Processor. It's also likely that the % gain should be similar to what we have achieved locally. This equates to more than a 13% improvement in power and 25% more torque! Based on our testing using the XEDE Processor on BMW vehicle's at altitude in the US, we believe that our base map will be suitable for altitude. You can always have your vehicle custom dyno tuned using XMap tuning software, which we provide in the XEDE Processor kit.

Leah @ CT

Hi Leah

I own a Gen 2 MPS3 and am quite interested in what ChipTorque can do.

Is pricing finalised for Gen2 Xede yet?

I'm based in Brisbane, so on my days off in January (mid) I might drop down and see you guys.

5. Default

I anticipate the pricing will be identical to the XEDE Processor supply, installation and tuning for the Gen 1 Mazda 3 MPS. I will be able to confirm this 100% after the completion of our development for a standard vehicle.

XEDE Processor Kit $990
    (Includes: XEDE Processor, Wire-in loom, installation wiring diagram, base tuned map, XMap tuning software,tuning guide and Powered by XEDE sticker)

XEDE Processor Kit installed at ChipTorque $1230

XEDE Processor Kit installed with 2WD Dyno Tune at ChipTorque $1530 (inclusive of base power run on dyno and laminated dyno graph. Tuning time may vary depending on vehicle modifications)

Optional Extras
    Dual Map Swtich Kit $25
    Dual Map Switch installed $140
    By-pass Plug $60 (removes the XEDE from teh vehicle, wiring loom retained)

Note: Freight / delivery is additional.

Very interested indeed.

Thanks for the information Leah.

I may be up that way around christmas, are you guys shutting up shop through the holidays or running right through?

I would be chasing install and dyno with most likely a dual map switch setup as well.

Cheers,

Jason

7. Default

We are having a small break over Christmas / New Year.

Last day we'll be booking for install & tune would be Tuesday 22nd December. You could have it installed only on the 23rd (but I think if you're here you may as well consider a dyno tune too).

We'll be returning in full swing on Monday 4th January 2010.

Hope you're still in SE Qld area at this time.

Leah @ CT

Could be tough Leah.

Will see if and when I can get up there.

How are you going with reigning in the torque steer issues with your test car?

I would imagine with nearly 100nm extra at the fly its going to be a bit of a handful anyway lol.

i got 197kw with this chip!!
    but i had intake.. (still do)
    but thast gave me about 10 kw!!
    makes sense!!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Could be tough Leah.

Will see if and when I can get up there.

How are you going with reigning in the torque steer issues with your test car?

I would imagine with nearly 100nm extra at the fly its going to be a bit of a handful anyway lol.
    Just waiting for dyno time to get the car back on the rollers, we have been flat stick last week.

and when you finishing the turbos....some fancy go fast bits for the NA's would be appreciated...

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    and when you finishing the turbos....some fancy go fast bits for the NA's would be appreciated...
    We are a tuning company. You put the fast bits on your NA 2 and it can be tuned to run sweet with an XEDE. The XEDE Processor can be setup to run an aftermarket electronic boost controller and additional injector control if your modifications are getting extreme.

Leah @ CT

Looks like 15th/16th of December will be the days Leah.

Reckon you will have the tune up and running by then or is that a bit short notice?

If its tight then it will just have to wait until next time I get up that way, no big deal.

14. Default

Yes I reckon we will have our tune finalised prior to the 15th December. I surely can arrange to have the XEDE Processor installed and dyno tuned on either of those days. Please pick the date and PM me with your name and contact phone number. We will require your vehicle for 1 business day (7:30am to 4pm approx).

Thanks, Leah @ CT

PM'd Leah...Look forward to saying hi in person

She is very shy , no where to be seen the day i got my power run

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    She is very shy , no where to be seen the day i got my power run
    oh that wasn't intentional! Really I am not that shy, they just keep me busy on the computer / phone most of the time! Ask to see me and I will surely appear

Leah @ CT

Dont listen to Al Leah, you were probably lucky you didnt meet him lol.

He is going to go off now

19. Default XEDE Processor Kit NOW AVAILABLE

The ChipTorque XEDE Processor kit for the Gen 2 Mazda 3 MPS is available for mail order supply or installation at ChipTorque Gold Coast.

Kit includes:
    XEDE Processor with base ChipTorque tune for a standard vehicle
    Wire-in harness and installation wiring diagram
    XMap tuning software and tuning guide
    XEDE Processor sticker decal

ChipTorque have refined this tune to enhance the performance and driveability of the factory standard vehicle. The tune features a power and torque increase of about 13% taking on-road performance to the limit of driveable adhesion on standard tyres. ChipTorque's tuners are happy with the power/torque progression rate which comes on strong and feels great.

We have kits in stock and ready to ship! Please contact ChipTorque by PM, email or phone if you would like to know more or place and order.

Thanks, Leah @ CT

Thanks Leah!

Once i've returned from OS, I'll be driving down to see you guys!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast