User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MY10 Mazda 3 MPS Tune Development

Quote Originally Posted by mpssylo View Post
    correct me if im wrong but was 184kw with only the ces sri or with tune as well? sorry but abit confused with leah's follow up graph.
    The 184kw above is a Gen2 with XEDE tuned graph.

Mine was 183.4kw with CES SRI only, no tune, no XEDE.
    Last edited by CharlieBrown; 16-12-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: removal of name
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mpssylo View Post
    correct me if im wrong but was 184kw with only the ces sri or with tune as well? sorry but abit confused with leah's follow up graph.
    Sorry for the confusion, posts are grouped if you post them consecutively!

So this is the single graph for Dan's car with the CES SRI with standard ECU:

Awesome power for this basic modification!!
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

thanks for the clear up

I am very happy with the tune.

CT did a great job and the car feels brilliant...In an "Oh my god I am going to die" way lol

The graphs dont really depict the change in engine response and performance.

The way the car pulls in first and second gears in amazing (Thanks to the modifying of the boost restriction), not to mention how relentless the power delivery is.

The power drop off at around 6K rpm is basically gone, with over 170kw atw still available at 6.5k rpm, and makes me wish I had another 1k rpm to play with lol.

Traction off the line is still good even with hard take offs and there is basically no let up in the surge of power in the first four gears, I couldnt find a road long enough to get into fifth.

If anything the tractability in daily driving is even better than stock. The car will happily putter around all day like a shopping trolley without boost suddenly popping up and trying to run you up the bum of the car in front of you, but give it the beans and you will find a very different animal.

Lag is pretty much zero with the bum dyno screaming in fear as your spine molds to the back of the seat and stays there lol (I am not joking either). Initial drives after the tune seemed pretty good, but the car just seemed to pull even better once it had settled in a bit. Some spirited drives later that night surprised the hell out my mate and I lol.

Economy is also much improved, I filled up at Coffs on the way back and got to Sydney nth side on 39 litres (thats about 550kms)

I would like to send a big thanks to Leah and the boys for a job well done.

Worth every penny in my opinion.
    Last edited by RadiantKnackers; 18-12-2009 at 11:23 AM.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Congrats on the result......if only the tune was available in NSW........

They are shipping it shortly I believe.

You can get it installed locally and dyno tuned where you get it installed

WOW reading stuff like this makes me want a MPS.....

8. Default

Thanks for the feedback Jason, this is great to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Congrats on the result......if only the tune was available in NSW........
    XEDE Processor Kits for the MY10 Gen2 Mazda 3 MPS are in stock and available from ChipTorque. The kit comprises of everything for installation locally by a qualified auto electrician, plus the ChipTorque performance tune preloaded into the XEDE. Included is the tuning software so that you can get this tune refined through dyno tuning, should you wish.

There are many tuning companies familiar with XEDE Processor in Sydney, but you could go to Silverwater Automotive Service in Silverwater (ph 9748 1300) or Tunehouse in Marrickville (ph 9557 4000) for complete supply, installation and custom dyno tuning.

Leah @ CT

im from melbourne where can i get it tuned? im getting a fmic installed soon i already got intake and ill probably get exhaust as well

10. Default

I would recommend HPF in Dandenong for supply, installation and custom dyno tuning of the XEDE Processor. Phone Matt on 03 9793 1616. However the XEDE Processor can be tuned by any competent dyno tuner as the tuning software is provided with each XEDE sold.

Leah @ CT

icic i know flash tuning it would void my warranty but i guess im half way there ordering a fmic so.. oh well haha would the flash tune get rid of my engine light?

12. Default

The XEDE Processor for the Gen 2 MPS is not a flash tune. It is a piggy back style engine management system. You are right that any aftermarket modification may void your manufacturer's warranty and I would encourage you to speak with the service manager at your local dealership to see where they stand on your planned upgrades.

What is the fault code you are logging with your check engine light?

Leah @ CT

fault code?

Quote Originally Posted by mickee View Post
    fault code?
    You said you had a check engine light, Leah wanted to know what the fault code associated with that was
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    I would recommend HPF in Dandenong for supply, installation and custom dyno tuning of the XEDE Processor. Phone Matt on 03 9793 1616. However the XEDE Processor can be tuned by any competent dyno tuner as the tuning software is provided with each XEDE sold.

Leah @ CT
    What about Nizpro, or is CT more convinced in HPF's abilities?

James

16. Default

Contact Nizpro to see if they will tune the XEDE Processor. They are familiar with the tuning system, as they have used XEDE's a few years ago for tuning Ford BA XR6 Turbo vehicles prior to flash tuning options for that car type. I would say that HPF are probably tuning XEDE more regularly than Nizpro so they may be more familiar, but I am sure that both companies have the tuning ability. As I said the XEDE Processor can be tuned by any competent dyno tuner as the tuning software is provided with each XEDE sold. This means you have the choice of selecting a tuner you know, like or trust.

Leah @ CT

is there a plug and play harness available so it can be removed for WTY

Whats the newest update on this? Have u guys done more cars since the last post? How does this compare to the ECUTEK?

19. Default

Wow, it's been a while since I've updated this thread but I just want to advise that we have Flash Tuning available at ChipTorque for the Gen 2 BL 3MPS. This service can also be paired with the Ezy-FLASH Pro for those interested in multiple tune for different boost level and fuel octane uses or the ability to reflash and unlock the system back to your stock tuning setup at any time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mazda 3MPS Gen2 M HP0_EFP_Trq_email.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	380.9 KB 
ID:	15406  

You guys finally did it. What a mission. Tough nut to crack that ECU eh?

Had your hands on an Access Port? Any comparisons?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123