User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MY10 Mazda 3 MPS Tune Development

Do you have a dyno of the final gen 2 setup Leah?

Would be interested to see the torque and power curves and the boost graphs as well.

2. Default Dyno results on standard vehicle / with CES SRI

Here's the results from our products development for the Gen 2 Mazda 3 MPS.
    Standard 165kW
    CES SRI 185kW
    Standard vehicle with XEDE Processor 187kW
    Vehicle with CES SRI and XEDE Processor 195kW!

Initial dyno testing revealed rich AFRs running the CES SRI on a standard tuned vehicle. Due to testing restraints (timeframe) we are unsure of the long term effects of driving this vehicle on the standard tune with the CES SRI.

ChipTorque's recommendation would be to run the CES SRI with the XEDE Processor for optimal performance, driveability and fuel consumption.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Do you have a dyno of the final gen 2 setup Leah?

Would be interested to see the torque and power curves and the boost graphs as well.
    The power and torque is unchanged to the dyno graphs already displayed. Final tune has improvements to the driveability of the vehicle.
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

20kw

Thats awesome troy.

Good job on the intake indeed...your getting better increases than most of the aftermarket intakes I believe.

Thanks for the info Leah.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Thats awesome troy.

Good job on the intake indeed...your getting better increases than most of the aftermarket intakes I believe.

Thanks for the info Leah.
    With dyno proof to boot!
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

CES SRI & Xede FTW!

Great news!

Leah, with Standard + CES SRI, 185kw, what was the torque? >400nm?

Geez that is running VERY rich with just the SRI on the stock tune. Be interesting to see what the AFRs are like after it was left on the car for a while and if the ECU adjusted to it.

I'm colour blind. Is it the very bottom one?

I think the ECU will adjust to suit.

PostmanDan has one, I'll check his one day soon with the DashHawk.
    I haven't heard anything about black soot buildup on the back of his car.

Yeah it's the very bottom one, I've gone over it in black with a slightly unsteady hand to make it more visible...attached below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mazda3MPSHP0_CESSRI_AFR.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	1866  

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    looks almost the same as with the xede on a standard intake postie...somewhere around the 440nm mark I think...hmm..better have another look.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

More R&D required?

Just needs to be left on the car for a week, driven around and then put back on the dyno I reckon. This will give a better idea of any changes purely due to SRI.

Thanks for posting the graphs Leah, quite interesting.

14. Default

It's about 440Nm torque at the flywheel. Leah @ CT

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Geez that is running VERY rich with just the SRI on the stock tune. Be interesting to see what the AFRs are like after it was left on the car for a while and if the ECU adjusted to it.
    The graph doesn't actually display the AFR truly as the lowest our analyser reads and displays is 10:1. So with the CES SRI only (green lines on graph) above 4,200rpm the AFR is so rich, it's off the scale. Notice it's like a flat line from that rpm point onwards. We drove the vehicle for about 15km on the dyno after the CES SRI was installed, before doing that dyno run on the stock tune. It could definately be possible that the mixtures could change with further ECU learning. I am expecting to see another car early next year with this mod, so that dyno run will reveal some further AFR info.

Leah @ CT

15. Default Results: MY10 Gen 2 MPS with CES SRI

So we run up Postman Dan's new MPS today. He has had the CES SRI fitted to his car for about a month so there's been plenty of opportunity for his vehicle's ECU to learn around the AFR changes of this modification.

Below is comparison graphs from his vehicle, compared to ChipTorque's first test vehicle, which had minimal learn after installing the CES SRI. You can see that both vehicle's ran similar power, torque & boost but there are some differences in AFR.

Red lines are Dan's vehicle - only modification is the CES SRI
    Blue lines are the test vehicle - only modification is the CES SRI
    Orange lines are the test vehicle - with CES SRI and XEDE Processor

ChipTorque believes that the CES SRI does run safe mixtures on the MY10 Gen 2 Mazda 3 MPS, utilising the standard ECU. For best results, combine with the XEDE Processor

Last edited by ChipTorque; 16-12-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Great work here and having some real world data is excellent.

Would the variances in the Test Vehicle and Dan's be due to different conditions when the Dyno was run? Or has Dan's ECU learnt after having the SRI on for a few weeks, or both?

Cheers Leah for today - Very impressed with my results

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Great work here and having some real world data is excellent.

Would the variances in the Test Vehicle and Dan's be due to different conditions when the Dyno was run? Or has Dan's ECU learnt after having the SRI on for a few weeks, or both?
    Most likely due to the ECU learn, but to a degree different weather conditions will alter dyno results slightly. Check out the green data under each graph to compare the air temp, intake temp, barometric pressure, etc. The Dyno Dynamics software is meant to compensate for these variances.

Leah @ CT

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Cheers Leah for today - Very impressed with my results
    correct me if im wrong but was 184kw with only the ces sri or with tune as well? sorry but abit confused with leah's follow up graph.

without.

I've noticed the XEDE gives an extra 7kw peak, but, it also runs approx. 3 psi more boost. Is the turbo producing heat? Would say 17 psi make much difference? I'm trying to understand the heat vs power issues.

Does the tuned car run 10.5 AFR most of the time? Which setup runs in the 11s till about 4000rpm? If the tuned setup runs in the 11s, Why does it then drop? Can this be tuned out? Would it make any difference?
    Last edited by 2XS; 15-12-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast