User Tag List

Thread: A/C not working very well in MPS3

Default A/C not working very well in MPS3

Hey guys,

its been like this for a while now, but the air cond in my MPS is really crappy. Has anyone else got this issue?

Thanks, Alex..

Slow to start working?

3. Default

mines supurb when I first get in after its been sitting in the sun all day from work I wind down both front windows put it down to 18 degrees and turn on climate control so its blasting, I drive along for about 5 or so minutes like this then close the windows and its all good I then find its enough for me to have fan speed on 2 or three just AC mode not climate control/auto

Mel hit the nail on the head, just remember that your interior has a lot of heat absorbed and you need to extract the heat from the interior for the cooling process takes affect. Cold air coming from the vents and heat coming off the interior...

My observations, on my MPS I set the Climate control to 24 degrees after going through the BlackBetty method of hot air expulsion, this cools the car comfortably on most 25-35 degree days. When it's 40+ degrees then it's down to 22 degrees or lower, particularly if the sun is blasting in through the windscreen. Comparatively, my Mazda 6 classic operated similarly, however my SP23 had to be set 1-2 degrees lower to get the same result.

I would ask Mazda to check it at your next service if you find it's not performing, and maybe ask them to set the climate control lower (apparently they can adjust the temp sensors or something)
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Its fairly common with most of the 1st gen 3's to be slow to cool.

Im pretty sure it was the reasoning behind putting a better compressor in the gen 2.

My old sp23 and older maxx sport were both pretty slow to cool down on hotter days.

Ok well today for example in syd was a nice, pretty warm day.. I turn the a/c on auto on 22, 20, 18 deg, every temp and hot air was blowing out all day.. It started working properly at 6pm this evening.. It was better to put the windows down then have the a/c on.. My a/c is RS I think. I told Mazda last time I was there about it and they said it was fine.. I dunno what it is.. I even put the controls on just to feet and hot air blows out???? My old Daihatsu charade had colder a/c then this... Anyways i'll have to take it to Mazda soon cause it's gonna be a hot summer..

If that is the case then yes, it sounds like you need a gas up and a check of the pipes to see where it's leaking from or the compressor..... Service job.... If you don't use the air cond over the winter months it's quiet common to loose gas because of the high pressure in the lines and it finds the weakest point to escape..... That's why they recommend to use the air cond even if it's once a month for example....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    If that is the case then yes, it sounds like you need a gas up and a check of the pipes to see where it's leaking from or the compressor..... Service job.... If you don't use the air cond over the winter months it's quiet common to loose gas because of the high pressure in the lines and it finds the weakest point to escape..... That's why they recommend to use the air cond even if it's once a month for example....
    Your right....however, its best to run any A/C system every fortnight or so , so the gas and oil in the system can run around the system , to lube the seals at the hose connections, if the seals dry out ( from not running the A/c and the oil lubing them, the system will leak... used to happen every summer when i was doing my trade at the local Ford dealer..

On a side note, .?
    hows the mod i saw ur car getting the other day at Mps Garage.?
    Im the guy who bought the mounts.? Neat ride you got there mate!

Will hav to catch up with u as i wanna see how the end result of ur mod is, im thinking of getting one my self.?

~Richie~

Yeah I used the a/c through winter and it does get turned on more often then every fortnight.. I dunno why it's not working properly.. I'm taking it to Mazda tomorrow and I'll see how it goes.. Hopefully it gets fixed cause it's getting hotter here in syd..

Hey Richie, yeah mate it goes alot better than before, alot smoother. You should invest in one...

Is it a secret mod????

I'd say it must be...

Damn it

"Secret Bloke's Business"

lol haha I got the cp-e fmic installed...

lol i had no a/c for aout 3 months!!!
    umm my own fault tho... had to pay about 500 for new hoses and regas

Quote Originally Posted by PAZ04U View Post
    lol haha I got the cp-e fmic installed...