User Tag List

Thread: Motor Magazine - Dec 2009 - MPS vs Golf GTi

Default Motor Magazine - Dec 2009 - MPS vs Golf GTi

There is a great review on the MPS3 vs MkVI Golf GTi.

I've attempted to scan & pdf the report, but file size is 10meg == too big to attach.

Suggest you grab a copy

Might have to get Adam to bring one home from the yard...

Just got this from the shop. Interesting read. All the things they mention about the Gen 1 3MPS are the reason I bought one!

haha the gti would have no chance against mps power..

I read some of the article... Times seem like a load of crap.
    A pirelli GTI with uprated power and suspension, DSG, only just keeps (sorta) with my 6MPS... Goodluck to all the new GTI's beating a MPS

6. Default

I like the new Golf. Looks way better than the new MPS.. dig dig

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    I hated the new golf when it was released. But honestly, seen a nice white one today and a black one yesterday and they are growing on me . My mate has the 08 gti pirelli editon dsg. Must admit, fantastic car, fantastic build quality!

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

I hate to say this but if the MPS had won out this read would be chockers with comments on how awesome the car is. Saying that i do like the GTI and would love to own one if they weren't soo much dearer, But the MPS is just a better looking and more raw car!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Not a big fan of the new Golf but same I would pick the Golf anyday over the new MPS, just based on looks.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Not a big fan of the new Golf but same I would pick the Golf anyday over the new MPS, just based on looks.
    So you don't like the new one Nirvy?

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    So you don't like the new one Nirvy?
    Nah mate, dislike the new MPS more everyday...and hate it because that abortion of a car is associated with my precious
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol