User Tag List

Thread: Insurance and Mods ? advice Pls

1. Default Insurance and Mods ? advice Pls

almost forgot....... how do does everyone deal with mods voiding insurance ? what insurance companies are people, who have done modifications, with ?

Im with NRMA at the moment and im sure if they dont allow any modifications at all, legal or otherwise

Just Car is possibly the best for modified cars. Although I think I've heard Shannons isnt too bad but you have to be over 25(I think) for them to insure you.

Just Car allows for unlimited legal mods.

Just remember, that your Duty of Disclosure applies at all times.

In essence, this means that, you must inform your insurer about anything, which may affect the ability to insurer you, or which changes the risk insured. Failure to do so, can in the event of a claim, void your insurance, or substantially limit the amount paid in respect of any loss.

It would be highly recommend you check your PDS in respect of modifying your vehicle, and the impact of such on your insurance.

with my insurance is through langleys insurance. ive been told that all mods are ok where they comply with the RTA standards so as long as its ok with the RTA, insurance company is ok.