User Tag List

Thread: 1 week out of warranty

Default 1 week out of warranty

My car ran out of warranty on the 1st of Nov.

Now I have an issue, I noticed the door ajar light on today while I was working on the car. I can't get it to go out. I've searched the WWW and the only thing I found was that the switch might be stuck.

Being a combined switch/lock, it can't just be removed and clean the corrosion/dust/grime buildup. The way to fix it was suggested to spray the switch/lock with WD-40.

I've done every door and even the rear hatch, nothing fixed it. Now I can't fully lock my car. I can do all the doors manually, but, not the rear hatch.

Can anybody help shed some light on this one? I'll try Mazda tomorrow, but as stated, it's out of warranty and I only have 2 arms and 2 legs, so I probably won't be paying Mazda to fix it.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

2. Default

Since its only JUST out of warranty, mazda can still over you under warranty under good will.

Its happened before and mazda have replaced things like CV joints etc etc. You can just argue its only been 1 week out of warranty to them =)

I'll try that tomorrow then.

Fail?

Yeah mate just give it a try anyway. They still might be able to do a warranty job for you.

6. Default

give u an EG: Apirate who drives an carbon grey sp23 with a couple of mods had his CV screw up. unpacked all the grease due to a small clamp. Car was a few weeks out of warranty, but under good will[call to mazda headoffice], mazda replaced it for him. Just depends on how well u know the service team. **thankfully, im on good terms with the service centre i go to.. even though i dont service there. Done around 8 warranty fixes on my car there

Problem solved, well partly.

There is a loose connection in the fuse tray under the glovebox.

I have central locking again

good to you got it sorted

I have 1 week of warranty left...

Now i find my dash has a crack developing...

Mazda tomorrow.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Doug, had the same issue with the cup holder lid, parked it in the sun for the first time ever and it cracked! They replaced it with no dramas.

I always use a sunshade. The sun in Cairns does some nasty things to the interiors of cars.