User Tag List

Thread: New member from USA

Default New member from USA

Hey guys I'm new here. I hope to share some of my technical knowledge, and gain some from ya'll.

Here's some pics of my Mazdaspeed6 or MPS6, because what is a new member post without pics?

Until later,
    -Matt

Oh, and one more thing... my steering wheel is on the correct side.

nice mazdaspeed6!
    aka 6mps!!

Wheels on the wrong side

Any mods? Looks good!

4. Default

Welcome Matt, what a sexy MPS6 you have there

Its great to see overseas members finding our forum and becoming part of the fun

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I don't really have many power mods to the car. It's fine stock power wise, for me. However, I am trying to redesign a new intake box out of carbon fiber, but the lack of funds has this project at a standstill.

Most of the mods I have are for reliability, and tracking. Kinda custom, one-off stuff.

I'm willing to bet I'm the only MS6/MPS6 owner in the world with a upgraded power-steering cooler. lol
    Last edited by MATT DAMOND; 08-11-2009 at 09:01 PM.

Tell your friends (If you have any left after beating them in your car)

Quote Originally Posted by MATT DAMOND View Post

I'm willing to bet I'm the only MS6/MPS6 owner in the world (corrected) with a upgraded power-steering cooler. lol

For the 6 yes, I have one on my 3
    Last edited by 2XS; 08-11-2009 at 08:53 PM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

welcome aboard ... hope u enjoy ur stay

Cheers
    Dee

i noticed no headlight washers!!
    there standard here(hid lights etc)

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

whats faster the porsche or the speed6?

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post

Wheels on the wrong side

Any mods? Looks good!
    Matt enjoy the forum it's a cracker.......
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Nice ride as well

Please add as much info as you can.....

And ask for friends to join....we already have the Russian MPS Club

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Welcome, Nice 6...

BUT>>>

1986 Porsche 944 turbo LSD+M030 bits...
    PICSORBAN!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your stay

Justin

Nice MPS6

Schmicko!

mate, as said above, it's great to see more overseas visitors here Very nice ride you got there (in the right colour too) Enjoy the forums and keep posting your how to's, good work
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

There are quite a few differences between the USA spec Mazdaspeed6 and the OZ spec MPS6, we don't have headlight washers, those fender side-markers, and I think your radio antennas are in the rear windshield.

I don't know if there are any power differences, because of damn emissions laws, but our version is rated at 271hp 280ft/lbs from the factory. I think the euro versions have only 256hp? What are the Australian MSP6's rated at?

Anyway here are some pics of my toy, it's pretty much stock. The M030 parts were an option, that I installed on the car. Better suspension, koni shocks, ridiculously large sway bars, and slightly better brakes. I'm 95% done with my engine rebuild on it, but I have not driven it since I bought my MS6. I have no idea which is quicker, but they feel very much alike in many ways.

These were nice cars I used to drive one of these back in 1994 it was a 88' model, sort of a company car, because I used to drive more than the state manager between Goldcoast & Brisbane Pretty quick car..... Boot was small couldn't even put 2 good size briefcases in the back.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

There are quite a few differences between the USA spec Mazdaspeed6 and the OZ spec MPS6, we don't have headlight washers, those fender side-markers, and I think your radio antennas are in the rear windshield.

I don't know if there are any power differences, because of damn emissions laws, but our version is rated at 271hp 280ft/lbs from the factory. I think the euro versions have only 256hp? What are the Australian MSP6's rated at?

Anyway here are some pics of my toy, it's pretty much stock. The M030 parts were an option, that I installed on the car. Better suspension, koni shocks, ridiculously large sway bars, and slightly better brakes. I'm 95% done with my engine rebuild on it, but I have not driven it since I bought my MS6. I have no idea which is quicker, but they feel very much alike in many ways.

YEH i did notice those difrences after you mentioned them, i think we snatch 261bhp (190kw) over here, funny how they change the horses only buy by 5 or 10 etc!!
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

aboard and nice looking MPS6....only problem is that the why would they put the steering wheel on the wrong side.....enjoy the site and like it has been said invite some of ur Mazda mates to join

Yeah we have our antenna in the rear window here.

Regarding the horsepower, Australia is rated at 256hp from memory, I think it may be the different way horespower is measured around the world and not the output? I'm not an expert but here's the wiki explaination

Horsepower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

welcome matt. 2 tidy looking cars u got. nice work!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Yeah we have our antenna in the rear window here.

Regarding the horsepower, Australia is rated at 256hp from memory, I think it may be the different way horespower is measured around the world and not the output? I'm not an expert but here's the wiki explaination

Horsepower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    intresting!!
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**