User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Mps exhaust blowing white smoke at idle

Print out the TSB above and/or tell them to ring Mazda HQ in Melbourne.

The dealership was in discussion with Mazda HQ. They knew what the problem was but can't do much if Mazda won't pay them.

---

Just spoke to case manager John at Mazda HQ. The dealership submitted an out of warranty service request and it was rejected for the main reason "out of warranty", with a minor reason that "not the original owner".
    Last edited by SomePhoenix; 19-02-2010 at 09:46 AM.

Computer said no...

Sorry to hear :-(

4. Default

Fk mazda. I'm sorry but thats terribly lame........

Another good reason I dont own one. Mind you, for those out there coming to the end of your respective 3 year warranties, good time to extend.... ~$400 for another 12 months might save you ~$2-4k for another turbo

Food for thought as you snack on your pizzas and beerz watchin the crickie tonightz

Quote Originally Posted by SomePhoenix View Post
    The dealership submitted an out of warranty service request and it was rejected for the main reason "out of warranty", with a minor reason that "not the original owner".
    I reckon that "not original owner" played more into their thought process then they would admit. Bad luck man

I concur TallDan.

Shame the car is so nice otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Fk mazda. I'm sorry but thats terribly lame........

Another good reason I dont own one. Mind you, for those out there coming to the end of your respective 3 year warranties, good time to extend.... ~$400 for another 12 months might save you ~$2-4k for another turbo

Food for thought as you snack on your pizzas and beerz watchin the crickie tonightz
    $1000 for extended warranty for an MPS

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    $1000 for extended warranty for an MPS
    WOW.... its Subaru that charges $400.. my mistake! But I get an automatic extra 2 years free if I have mine serviced at the same place. Kinda makes sense if you're a loyal customer (listen up Mazda)

No warranty if not the original owner, lol what a cop out, glad I own a Nissan Sorry guys

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    No warranty if not the original owner, lol what a cop out, glad I own a Nissan Sorry guys
    No it was no warranty left ie out of warranty period not "no warranty because not original owner"

Im glad I own a Mazda not a Nissan
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

i paid $3000 for a 3year 5 star premium extended warranty for my new aquired preowned 2006 MPS. can service it anywhere i want and covers turbo etc. its done 65K kms so i figured its worth the slight peace of mind.

speaking of WRXs
    the excess for high performance vehicles is $1000 (which the MPS falls under) but the
    WRX have their own category and costs $2000!

5 star premiun???

Whats that all about, first time i have heard of it.

..but $3000???

Thats like paying for a turbo failure in advance and bit more.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    i paid $3000 for a 3year 5 star premium extended warranty
    Um... Does this even exist? Sounds like you made a donation to someones boat fund? As far as I know, the basic 3 yr mazda warranty is Australia wide!?
    Maybe the "mazda" representative amongst us can respond to this

Default Noob...

Hey all. New to this site as I bought my MPS3 a week ago tomorrow. Mine on the occasion blows white smoke (not much) after a hard punt. I might ring up my local Mazda dealer, and find out what the go is. 'Blu Rockit' has only done 37 thou, and is a 08 model. All still in warranty, being a stock girl and all. I'll see what they say, and post my response up ASAP. : D

If what you talking about is a single puff of smoke everytime you put you foot down then I believe that is normal. But if it starts smoking pretty bad when the car is at idle then yes you might have a problem.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    If what you talking about is a single puff of smoke everytime you put you foot down then I believe that is normal. But if it starts smoking pretty bad when the car is at idle then yes you might have a problem.
    Black when you put the foot down is normal. White is not.

Do the check - stationary idle for 3-5 min, and if you see white smoke, seals blown.

Yup I just thought some people can get paranoid after reading all these blown turbo stories and get confused with all these kind of puffs

A little paranoid, yes. But I was stressing hard when I saw it first. Now that I know it's a common problem, I'll keep my eye open while it's in warranty. Sent the Mazda dealer an email last night, no reply yet today. Might go see them on the way home from work.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    5 star premiun???

Whats that all about, first time i have heard of it.

..but $3000???

Thats like paying for a turbo failure in advance and bit more.
    Yep exactly. Its an option when buying a relatively new used car from the dealer. It has a butt load of annoying requirements, up to the dealer how hard they want to enforce them of course, in theory if you are 1 day late (or 1km over ) getting it serviced warranty gone. Also it MUST be serviced at THAT dealer. Bad luck if you don't like their services or move....

As I said, comes down to the dealer as to how accomodating they want to be with the terms. But if they chose to go by the book they'll find a way to wrought you.

i got it through the dealer (melville holden) 5 star platinum extended warranty - swann insurance.

you dont have to service with the dealer. i can pick a mazda place if i want.
    Last edited by JohnnyC; 22-02-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast