User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mps exhaust blowing white smoke at idle

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Sounds like the seal is begining to fail under load, only a matter of time before it does it at idle.
    yeh true, thanks for the heads up, dunno if they'll fix it under warranty hey... hopefully...
    --- CPe DP + Custom 3" Stainless CBE --- Turbo Timer --- CPe CAI --- Turbo XS BPV --- CPe 75 Duro Rear Engine Mount --- 2XS SSP ---

Give them a shot, worth a try worst case would be No.

Smile Mazda replaced my turbo !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3mpsblack View Post
    yeh true, thanks for the heads up, dunno if they'll fix it under warranty hey... hopefully...
    Mazda should fix it if your car is still under warranty
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

There ya go, straight from a man that has had his already replaced under warranty Fingers crossed for ya m8 . .

I just had my seals die on me too, and we think that it has to go with the low pressure dp which I think Doug mentioned earlier. The stock turbo seals just aren't up to the mod. White smoke at idle after a few minutes and a little bit of loss of performance too... And mazda do not like exhaust mods so generally voids your warranty for that.
    I should have taken it to allstar or something, but I just took it back to mazda. They are going to send it down to Mr Turbo on the Goldy to fit a Garrett 2860 into original housing. Same size turbo but it is ball bearing so it should give me a earlier boost.
    Mine is only at 37000 kms, so a bit disappointing it went so early - especially considering I have only driven it for about 5000 of those :-p

Far out, I think Mazda need to address this. . .

^^ They have, they replace the whole turbo.

I am pretty sure there is a Mazda bulletin on it.?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZedN View Post
    I just had my seals die on me too, and we think that it has to go with the low pressure dp which I think Doug mentioned earlier. The stock turbo seals just aren't up to the mod. White smoke at idle after a few minutes and a little bit of loss of performance too... And mazda do not like exhaust mods so generally voids your warranty for that.
    I should have taken it to allstar or something, but I just took it back to mazda. They are going to send it down to Mr Turbo on the Goldy to fit a Garrett 2860 into original housing. Same size turbo but it is ball bearing so it should give me a earlier boost.
    Mine is only at 37000 kms, so a bit disappointing it went so early - especially considering I have only driven it for about 5000 of those :-p
    Ah what a shame... I dont think the TBE is responsible for this. There are plenty of MPS's blowing turbos with stock exhausts. Its just the luck of the draw mate.

So you bought the MPS with 32,000km on it? When I sold it, it only had 23-24,000km on it... Sounds like Subaru used it as a daily??

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MNLESS View Post
    ^^ They have, they replace the whole turbo.

I am pretty sure there is a Mazda bulletin on it.?
    Oh k, my bad my impression from Mazda owners is that Mazda were trying to shy away from saying there is a fault with the standard turbo.
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

10. Default

Oh k, my bad my impression from Mazda owners is that Mazda were trying to shy away from saying there is a fault with the standard turbo.
    No, they are just replacing on "confirmed failure" basis only.....

There's a dedicated thread already on the forum about the smoking turbo seals issue, includes Mazda TSB details etc.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...rbo-seals.html

I'm a member of the club, mine was replaced at 30000km

thanks heaps for all the help every1, now to just book my baby in......

Smile Replaced smoking turbo warranty claim !!!

thanks heaps for all the help every1, now to just book my baby in......
    Just to clarify things my turbo started smoking at 30k CP-E dump pipe was only fitted at 60klm's instantly 3 times the amount of smoke ,dump pipe only exposes the problem it doesn't cause it madaz was stock when it started to smoke CONCLUSION more efficiant exhaust /cat more white smoke MAZDA AUST replaced the turbo under warranty

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 24-01-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    No, they are just replacing on "confirmed failure" basis only.....
    Oh k, sweet for anyone with this issue than, unless mazda finds a way to weasel out of it
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .

ok ppls! put my car in for a service yesterday and told them what it was doing in regards to the smoke...

they'v got a new turbo on order for me, it should be a week then they'll fit it under warranty

they also said my water pump was leaking or somethin so they replaced that on the spot

my car has done 56 000km and only blows white smoke on hard acceleration as pointed out by some mates and even random ppl, it has a full TBE, CAI and BOV and they'r fixing my turbo under warranty... i am extremely pleased with "Parkland Mazda's" service

mine is an 07 model and they said it came within the VIN range for a turbo replacement so if any1 has any probs jus check with your local mazda servicing dept.
    --- CPe DP + Custom 3" Stainless CBE --- Turbo Timer --- CPe CAI --- Turbo XS BPV --- CPe 75 Duro Rear Engine Mount --- 2XS SSP ---

ok ppls! put my car in for a service yesterday and told them what it was doing in regards to the smoke...

they'v got a new turbo on order for me, it should be a week then they'll fit it under warranty

they also said my water pump was leaking or somethin so they replaced that on the spot

my car has done 56 000km and only blows white smoke on hard acceleration as pointed out by some mates and even random ppl, it has a full TBE, CAI and BOV and they'r fixing my turbo under warranty... i am extremely pleased with "Parkland Mazda's" service

mine is an 07 model and they said it came within the VIN range for a turbo replacement so if any1 has any probs jus check with your local mazda servicing dept.
    Great news Carl and good on them for replacing your turbo and not worrying about the mods I'm tempted to go to Parkland for my servicing (as it's closer to home). Have heard some good things about their service dept, though my warranty expires in 1 month so will take back to Wood Bros for the next service.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Awesome news there m8 ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Great news Carl and good on them for replacing your turbo and not worrying about the mods I'm tempted to go to Parkland for my servicing (as it's closer to home). Have heard some good things about their service dept, though my warranty expires in 1 month so will take back to Wood Bros for the next service.
    yeh its great hey, yeh i think my warranty will be up soon.. bout 6 months i think i'll proly still take it into parkland maybe.. gotta save sum cash for a flash tune now

oh an thanks zilr

yeh its great hey, yeh i think my warranty will be up soon.. bout 6 months i think i'll proly still take it into parkland maybe.. gotta save sum cash for a flash tune now

oh an thanks zilr
    No dramas, good to see it all panned out in your favour

Has anyone had Mazda replace their turbo outside of warranty, for the white smoke issue?

On Thursday the dealership told me incorrectly (system had wrong VIN) that my car was still under warranty and that they would replace the turbo. I gave them a call today and they said that they made a mistake and my car was about 10 months out (which was what I thought). They are talking to Mazda trying to get the turbo replaced outside of warranty. For now I'm just "holding tight", however I'd like to gather some ammunition if I need to talk to Mazda directly.

My car has done 81000km, full logbook service.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast