User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mps exhaust blowing white smoke at idle

Its your turbo seals. Full replacement turbo. take the car into mazda when its smoking and show the service manager. If its intermittant, record it on video and show them.

They had no problem ordering a new turbo with my mods CAI/DP/RP/BOV

If that's the case for around $2200 he could have himself a turbo which will give him a lot more power with the added internal strength...

Well Col what's happening buddy is it going in the right direction with your talks at Mazda......

4. Default

yeh Col

Wish you luck tomorrow Col

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

how was richard he really knows he's stuff. if you do what i'm looking at doing you will have one mother fast car Col

Unhappy T for turbo tommorrow !!!!!! Ooops its rememberance day !!!

Ok Madaz is going to the Mazda dealer tomorrow for evaluation by the technicians apparently if they agree that the turbo is faulty ill get one replaced on warranty.
    We all know the turbo seals are gone ,we all know its a on going problem with the MPS so hopefully Mazda will come to the party and do the right thing .
    Ive already decided that if they don,t replace the turbo ill park madaz outside their showroom and smoke them out until they fix it . Not a good look for Mazda with all that repugnant smelling smoke everywhere
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Col I didn't think you had it in you...... You go Col

Thumbs up Allstar know their stuff !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Wish you luck tomorrow Col

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

how was richard he really knows he's stuff. if you do what i'm looking at doing you will have one mother fast car Col
    Thanks Rino ,yes he does , if Mazda don,t do the ethical thing i will be getting allstar turbo upgrade but will also need a new ecu .Yes according to them it will be a brutal mps , ill have to rename Madaz BRUTUS Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

with the extra things that Richard was going to do he was talking 210 - 220kwatw for me and torque over the top I would have to look at bottom end???

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

i'm at 457.666NM now
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Question Replacement turbo

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Definitely has all the hallmarks of the bad turbo seals, almost exactly what mine was doing prior to having it replaced.
    Does the smoke have a very pungent odour, in which case it is the coolant seal, a trick I used to do to avoid the smoke screen at the lights was to sit the car at about 1250-1500 rpm when as lights etc, the additional airflow through the turbo is enough to allow the shaft & seal to seat correctly.
    There are a lot of theories out there on the matter, one that seems plausible is that the aftermarket downpipe creates lower pressure on the turbine side of the shaft, while the stock intake on the compressor side has a higher pressure, the shaft naturally favours the low pressure side and moves enough to cause the coolant seal to not sit correctly.
    The remedy is to fit a much more open intake, i.e CAI, or SRI with an aftermarket TIP to reduce the intake side pressure and allow the shaft to retain its balance, worth considering if you have any hassles getting the replacement item done under warranty.
    Matt since your turbo has been replaced by Mazda I presume, do you think it is an upgrade from the original , there is some disscussion that the new unit spools a lot earlier i,d like your opinion mate
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

I think the replacement turbo is an upgrade from the original, definitely have more top end in mine now since it was done.

What's the verdict Col, hope it's good news mate....

Smile Consider your verdict !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    What's the verdict Col, hope it's good news mate....
    Thanks Dan for that info, Rino i will get the official verdict from Mazda tomorrow ,but i can tell you it is looking promising .
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Good to here well fingers crossed for you Col....

Good luck with tomorrow Col, hoping it's a new improved turbo and no cost to you

Smile Its all good !!!!!

Yes !! I just received the good news Mazda are replacing the turbo under warranty next Wednesday .
    Thanks to MISIMP3 OZMPS member at WESTCO MTRS CAIRNS (warranty Officer ) and all other members for your info and encouragement ,its been a stressful week for this old fella
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Good to hear Col, especially with the DP fitted........

Pfft Col stressed not a hope.... without smoke
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Smile Where theres smoke theres an mps lol !!!!

Thanks guys once again ,no more smokin i can,t wait .Mazda have proved they can do whats right and they will keep my bussiness
    Col

Howdy Col, I've been following the thread with interest and stressing along with you. I'm SO pleased that it its all worked out for the best as I can only imagine just how devastated you would have felt, I certainly would have been!!

Out of curiosity, would it be fair to presume that the Gen2 has addressed the root cause of these turbo failures, especially considerring that they are plugging one of these new huffers in place of your old one?

Let us know how it goes......hopefully it's only up and up from here.

GREAT NEWS!

"light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear brighter....until they speak"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast