User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How reliable are the BK MPS 3's?

Default How reliable are the BK MPS 3's?

Some of you may know that I just bought an 07 BK MPS 3. This is my first turboed car, I've wanted something turbo for some time now. I was set on a jap spec S15 a while ago but changed my mind because I doubted it's reliability, I didn't want to spend money fixing the damn thing every 2 months when something went wrong.

Now getting to the point, how reliable REALLY are the BK MPS 3's? I just had a look in the "MPS problems warranty fixes" thread and there are quite a lot of problems mentioned there. I chose the MPS 3 because it's a late model car with low k's and you would think something like this will be reliable for the years to come.

What are your opinions about this fellow MPS 3 owners?

With the sheer number of them, I'd say reliable. Of course, anything mechanical is prone to break. Some times modifications can increase that risk.

No matter which brand of vehicle, you will always have problems tho - some more than others.

Remember its also the first time this car was made... so there are bound to be problems.

All I can say is drive it like you own it and not when you've hired it. You can have fun with it without breaking it..

You can be unlucky with any car.

I've only had to replace the rear engine mount (which started the modding process for me) and the water pump and my car has basic mods

6. Default

they're pretty reliable....

Engine Mount = FAIL..

Major FAIL.....

ouch that must of been a punch int he gut when he saw that

9. Default

another

and another

Oh.. they just keep coming and coming..

have i scared u enough? HAHA

My car has 113000 kms on the clock...and i havent had a single problem.

So i would say its reliable.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Authority View Post
    another

and another

Oh.. they just keep coming and coming..

have i scared u enough? HAHA
    I think I'll have to sell the car now after seeing these photos. Haha only jk. Is that caused by the front engine mount failing?

Hard labour, the boys at Allstar Tuning look at those items at every service for me.... 32,000k's and still tight as....

REM, and it was a recall....

14. Default

yeh.. i remember researching for my 3.. and looking at common issues [around early 07] and thats what i saw. There was a recall around 2007 to fix it up.

Damn that rear mount.

Also, the side engine mount tends to fail since its oil filled and its pathetic. Around 40~80k's and it breaks.

From reading on here and other places it would be fair to say that the most common big issues with the BK 3 MPS are/were:

• Rear Engine Mount (as per above, fixed by recall and change in production)
    • Water Pump
    • Turbo Seals
    • Shock Absorbers

I've never heard of a car having all of these, some people have had one or two of these problems. Most haven't had any dramas.

As long as the car you purchased has full service history from Mazda you should be fine, and I'd assume you still have a chunk of factory warranty left to sort any issues that arise.

You nailed that Dan!!!!! Key note Service history.....

One of the good things is the popularity of the car
    Give it a little bit more time and your not going to have any problem getting spares from the wrecker

Hey guys,
    i have a friend who's looking to a buy a mps3 the gen 1. He is very scared of the engine mount problem.
    Now, have all the cars that have this problem been recalled and fixed? so there is no chance one would exist that could have a faulty engine mount?
    Also,
    how much is the parts and labour charges for an engine mount?

Please let me know....my friend is considering a wrx instead due to the engine mount!

You can buy an aftermarket rear engine mount for around $200 or less.

It's easy as to fit. If you were to get a mechanic to fit it, I doubt it would cost much at all.

Totally! Stock is not great aftermarket is one of the best mods to date!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast