User Tag List

Thread: Performance mod & warranty

1. Default Performance mod & warranty

Hi all,

I did a quick search but came out empty-handed on this topic so I thought I will ask.

Just purchased a Gen II MPS, however reading on this forum about others doing mods and putting in BOV's and CAI's. I can't help but wonder what will this do to the factory warranty? Will I lose the warranty if I chuck in a BOV and a CAI?

All depends really..... most get away with the intake and BOV on recirculation mode with out any issues. All depends how you get on with your service manager really 2XS is running highly moddifed and still gets parts replaced under warrenty.

If your worried just remove parts before servicing. With a SRI and BOV its only a 5~10min job before servicing!

Mazda need to prove the modification caused any problems that are warrantable.
    At the end of the day it depends on the dealership, ask your service manager. If not find a new service centre or dont get it serviced by Mazda.

At the end of the day though, you mod you risk.

Cheers
    Justin

Might just add, if you only have BOV and CAI and you are worried, switch it back before service.. should only take a few minutes.

like others have said, they gotta prove the mod is directly liked to the issue which u are seeking warranty work.

if u chuck a bov and cai, and u have problems with squeaking seats, they cant deny you coz of the bov or cai.

but yeh if ur worried, both items can be easily removed when u take ur car to servicing

6. Default

Cheers guys!!! Great tips and advice. I think I feel much more comfortable at looking at possible mods now! You guys are great! Bless you all!