User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! Water marks?

i myself own a black car and dont have access to shade. this is what i do

firstly, autogeek.net prob one of the best car detailing sites/shops. loads of info on how to clean your car.

- work either very early in the morn or late afternoon when the sun is lowest. never when the panels are hot (in sun or after a drive)
    - wet the car
    - start cleaning, quarter of the car max at a time. rinse entire car to keep all panels wet
    - once entire car is clean, give it a final rinse to wet all panels again
    - i use one of these squeegees which removes bulk of the water and doesn't scratch the paint
    - then use a nice thick towel such as this to soak up remainder of the water. don't use a microfibre towel as they dont have much ability to soak up water and may cause scratches due to dirt getting trapped in the towel as they dont have any plush for the dirt to hide in.

if you havent done a clay, sealant and wax and cant be bothered doing it yourself, best to pay someone. then like you said, you can maintain it from there.

hope that helps
    Last edited by lup15; 13-11-2009 at 11:20 PM.

2. Default

yeh I get my car done once a year by professional detailer aka Dan

Then try my best with it to maintain it

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post

- work either very early in the morn or late afternoon when the sun is lowest. never when the panels are hot (in sun or after a drive)
    - wet the car
    - start cleaning, quarter of the car max at a time. rinse entire car to keep all panels wet
    - i use one of these squeegees which removes bulk of the water and doesn't scratch the paint
    - then use a nice thick towel such as this to soak up remainder of the water. don't use a microfibre towel as they dont have much ability to soak up water and may cause scratches due to dirt getting trapped in the towel as they dont have any plush for the dirt to hide in.

if you havent done a clay, sealant and wax and cant be bothered doing it yourself, best to pay someone. then like you said, you can maintain it from there.

hope that helps
    Anyone reading this, don't use the squeegee. Refer to this thread here why not http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/detai...wash-test.html

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Anyone reading this, don't use the squeegee. Refer to this thread here why not http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/detai...wash-test.html

Yep!!! If even the smallest bit of dirt gets caught between the blade and the paint it will scratch hard. Also microfiber waffle weave towels are the safest way to dry a car. Reason being if there is dirt on the surface the towel will trap it and the fibers close around it stopping it from scratching

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post

firstly, autogeek.net prob one of the best car detailing sites/shops. loads of info on how to clean your car.

- wet the car

hope that helps
    Please please please dont use the sqeegee!
    マツダスピード

I'm surprised that shops like Autogeek even sell shit like that. You'll never see it on our product lines.

I'm surprised that shops like Autogeek even sell shit like that. You'll never see it on our product lines.
    Yeah even some of autogeeks tutorials are a little off! Squeedge FTMFL!!!!
    マツダスピード

FTMFL??

I won't squidgee then

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4 View Post
    FTMFL??

I won't squidgee then
    FTL = For the Loss

So FTMFL = For the mother fooking Loss

Good Girl .....dont use the sqeedgie!
    マツダスピード

I also heard using Turtle Wax ICE Car Wash does the trick "will not leave any soap film or water spots". Anybody tried?

11. Default

you wont get water marks if you use your waffle towel to dry it

Quote Originally Posted by Los Palmas7 View Post
    I also heard using Turtle Wax ICE Car Wash does the trick "will not leave any soap film or water spots". Anybody tried?
    Water spots come from the left over minerals in the water ....So unless it can magically take them out ...no.

No if you want a spotless rinse i.e. no drying use a deionizer
    マツダスピード

Quote Originally Posted by Los Palmas7 View Post
    I think all it is saying is that it is "free rinsing". In other words, when you rinse with water, none of the wash will be left behind to cause a streaky mess. This is nothing more than what you would expect from a car wash.

Don't know about that water spot part though

14. Default

You pretty much hit the nail on the head Lynchy. Fresh watermarks will quickly disappear with a damp cloth. Any that don't have been there beforehand.

Then it depends on how bad they are to how you remove them. Some will just need a non-abrasive paint cleaner like Victoria Wax Deep Cleanse which you can apply by hand. The only other option if that doesn't work is to go abrasives.

And Dee you are correct. A good coat of wax will help stop watermarks etching into the paint.
    Hi joel,
    I have a 2007 black mps3 and I am experiencing a lot of trouble with these watermarks on my bonnet and roof. I have tried everything and spent almost $200 on cutting compounds, polishers, scratch X removers. These marks dont come off with a damp cloth they are almost in the clear coat, could you recommend anything else I could try?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12