User Tag List

Thread: Detailing Clinic @ Car Care Products Rozelle

Thumbs up Detailing Clinic @ Car Care Products Rozelle

Hi Guys,
    Rather than greedily hoarding all the knowledge to myself, leaving you wondering why my car always looked better than yours, I thought that I would let you all know about the ½ day paint and car care clinic that I and my mate attended two Saturday’s back at Car Care Product’s Rozelle office.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with CCP, nor do I receive any kickbacks from them for spruiking their services or products they sell.

I have always been interested in looking after the cars that I have owned, and despite the fact that even though my first two cars that I owned were not the most impressive vehicles, they were always clean and well maintained.

It was at the point where the dealer proudly delivered my new GenII MPS3 to me, complete with fallout imperfections and absolutely no paint protection, when I decided that I really needed to start with some solid advice and learn how to really maintain the car right from washing and rinsing to the final finish.

The morning starts out with some light refreshments and Mike, the owner introducing himself and his business to the group of anywhere between ten and 15 car-loving tragics like me.

Mike then progresses through proper and proactive washing, claying and RO polishing techniques that support the longevity and protection of your paint finish, then moves onto wheels, glass and interior. This includes advice on using the right type of products (such as micro-fibre wash mits and a two bucket wash system) to avoid those nasty swirl marks that can be a direct result of washing with a synthetic sponge and using one bucket, like most of us tend to do.

Wash your car, just as you normally do, and then go and grab a plastic shopping bag. Put your hand inside the bag and feel a portion of your washed car. If you feel a whole bunch of lumps and bumps grabbing at the plastic, you need to clay your car. This and many more concepts and practices in an instructional format are listed on a link at the base of this post, but my main point here is that if you feel/felt like me in that you wanted to apply this hard work on an investment that you care about, yet you lacked the absolute and definitive knowledge; this clinic will change you.

Brand new cars of every marque are delivered every day with paint contaminants, water marks and various other imperfections as standard; not to mention a zero level of protection. My brand new car sat in an outdoor yard in country NSW for a month before being delivered, and the paint didn’t bead from day one, yet the clinic empowered me with the knowledge on how to counter all of these issues, resulting in the paint finish feeling like fingers on water.

The clinic opens your eyes to the ramifications of employing old, incorrect techniques and practices, whilst guiding you through the correct way to undertake these tasks with a minimum of fuss in order to provide the correct outcome, and conducting basic paint correction utilising the Random Orbital (RO) polishing machine.

Whilst it could be gleaned that my original shopping list from them was quite high, 90% of the products that I purchased were in bulk quantities, eradicating the need for me to regularly purchase equipment and supplies – probably for the next two years.

Mike and Greg are solidly decent blokes who will give you plenty of their time and advice on product range and usage at any time during the working day, and as you know, this is very far removed from the shoulder shrugs and smiles that you will receive at your run-of-the-mill Supercheap or Repco.

It would be fair to say that I would recommend the clinic to any car enthusiast keen on protecting their rolling investment, and can honestly say that in the event that I wasn’t successful in what I already do on a day to day basis, I would consider a small startup boutique washing/detailing/paint correction business.

Mark

How to instructionals located HERE

Nice write up

Yep detailing is awesome once you get into it ...picked up most of my info from forums and the like and attended a simalar course in Melbourne. So wheres the pics of the car now

Every time I wash it, the weather turns to shit.
    Hopefully this weekend. I am a professional photographer, so it's akin to the Mechanic never fixing his own car. May be nice for some of us to have a Sydney meet this weekend. Maybe a cheapie lunch somewhere. It's always nice to meet some new people. I may even let you touch my... erm... paint.
    Last edited by Kebabylon; 06-11-2009 at 02:34 PM.

yep thats the unwritten law...wash = rain.....

Would love a sunday meet but its a bit of a drive ....post a thread up though im sure theres some syd people keen