User Tag List

Thread: SEMA 2009: Mazda introduces us to a happy couple, inspires 3-some

Blog Entries

Default SEMA 2009: Mazda introduces us to a happy couple, inspires 3-some

Filed under: Aftermarket, Concept Cars, SEMA Show, Sedan, Performance, Hatchback, Mazda

Customized 40th Anniversary 2010 Mazdaspeed3 - Click above for high-res image gallery

For SEMA 2009, Mazda introduced us to a pair of the happiest Mazda3 derivatives we've ever seen. Part Le Mans-winning 787B tribute, part rolling showcase (for their Mazda accessories catalog) and part 40th anniversary present to itself, this couple with their odd, knowing smiles was pretty easy on the eyes.
    Built by Mazda R&D employees to show off the wide range of accessories available for the 2010 Mazda3 and Mazdaspeed3, these tuner cars also serve as tributes to Mazda's motorsports prowess and to 40 years of Mazda sales in the U.S. The cars are painted in a Crystal White Pearl with gray graphics that mimics the Mazda3 World Challenge race car, which itself apes the look of the Le Mans-winning Mazda 787B from 1991. There are also plenty of other changes in the mix to make these special 3s go like they show.

Both cars get forged aluminum 19x8-inch wheels with 225/40 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires stripped off the RX-8 R3, and KW coil-overs to button things down a bit, but that's about where the similarities end. The 2.5-liter engine in the Mazda3 sedan gets a thorough makeover by World Challenge-contending Tri-Point Engineering. With their Garrett GT2871R ball bearing turbo kit adding 10 psi of boost, the 2.5-liter MZR engine is now making more than 250 HP at the wheels.

The Mazdaspeed3 was already turbocharged but an AEM cold-air intake was added to increase its output by about 20 HP. Like the special Mazda3, this car gets KW coil-overs and the RX-8 R3 wheel/tire combo, but whereas the 3 got brakes from the Speed3 and Mazda5, this car gets four-piston StopTech calipers and floating two-piece rotors that are nearly identical to the ones used on the World Challenge car. We really like this sexy duo from Mazda and think we now know why they're smiling.

Gallery: SEMA 2009: 40th Anniversary Mazda3 and Mazdaspeed3 customs

Live photos copyright (C)2009 Frank Filipponio/Weblogs, Inc.Continue reading SEMA 2009: Mazda introduces us to a happy couple, inspires 3-some

SEMA 2009: Mazda introduces us to a happy couple, inspires 3-some originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Looks great in white

Looks AWESOME! Does anyone know what rear tail lights it has on it?

4. Default

Looks the tits with white body/ black roof combo....

Oh god im gonna cry, thats so damn hot!

Dear Mazda Australia,

If you ever want me to upgrade to a new Mazda 3 MPS, please add white to our colour choices

Kind regards
    Brad.
    Last edited by bd581; 06-11-2009 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Dear Mazda Australia,

If you ever want me to upgrade to a new Mazda 3 MPS, please add white to our colour choices
    Dear Mazda Australia,

If you ever want bd581 and myself to upgrade to a new Mazda 3 MPS, please add white to our colour choices and fix that front end.

Happy Motoring
    Duglet
    Last edited by Jmac; 07-11-2009 at 06:22 PM.

Dear Mazda Australia,

If you ever want duglet, bd581 and myself to upgrade to a new Mazda 3 MPS, please add white to our colour choices and fix that front end. Also please let us buy mazdaspeed goodies off you under warranty.

Happy Motoring
    Justin

PS. please include a box of tissues in the glovebox too for when I mess my pants at point of delivery.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Pick me pick me......I want one just like that...The arse is even appealing to me!!

that white looks shit hot. and those rims look a treat on it!!!

Thats it!!!!

Mazda getting closer to finally fix the current disgusting looks...., all you got left to fix is the front end

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Dear Mazda Australia,

If you ever want duglet, bd581 and myself to upgrade to a new Mazda 3 MPS, please add white to our colour choices and fix that front end. Also please let us buy mazdaspeed goodies off you under warranty.

Happy Motoring
    Justin

PS. please include a box of tissues in the glovebox too for when I mess my pants at point of delivery.
    I agree, I called the Service Department for Mazda. He said 'Sorry mate, I can't even recommend you to someone I know of that stocks Mazdaspeed parts'.

But if you go to MX5 Mania : MX-5 Miata Style and Performance Accessories MX5 Mania apparently are the 'Sole Distributors' of Mazdaspeed parts. But this doesn't help us much with warranty.

Mazda where is the MPS 2

Blog Entries

what a little beast they would be.....but then I have a wannabee one now

16. Default

Dear Mazda Australia,

If you ever want duglet, bd581, Jmac and myself to upgrade to a new Mazda 3 MPS, please add white to our colour choices and fix that front end and add AWD. Also please let us buy mazdaspeed goodies off you under warranty.

Happy Motoring
    Justin

PS. You can save on the price of tissues for me and use that money towards the AWD [/QUOTE]
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

love the whote with the dark rims