User Tag List

Thread: Sri

1. Default Sri

Hey guys,

Anyone would recommend changing the pipe to the airbox instead of using a pod filter ? Am thinking of keeping the stock airbox but change the pipe to it to a larger diameter.

Any opinions ?

Blog Entries

The only problem with that is the MAF sensor might throw a Check Engine Light due to the larger diameter.

The main reason people go for a SRI or CAI is because you can get cold air straight to the motor and not have to go via the mess of pipes before the airbox

3. Default

are there any alternatives to a SRI or CAI cause i dont want attention from the sounds of a CAI or SRI.

Thanks for yr help tricache

You could go for a K&N panel filter and run some ducting from behind one of the foggies

You can change the TIP (turbo intake pipe) without getting a CEL. The MAF will still be inside the original airbox, thus not producing a CEL.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    You can change the TIP (turbo intake pipe) without getting a CEL. The MAF will still be inside the original airbox, thus not producing a CEL.
    Good point
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

You're not going to get much of a performance increase keeping by just replacing the panel filter and ducting. With a stock exhaust the Sound of an SRI CAI will not attract that much attention unless you really floor it. Even then it's not that loud.

Mine is rather loud

Forge BOV doesnt help much either

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Also depending on the type of material used, it may be a lot quieter than you think. I have a Cobb SRI + inlet (silicon) and HKS bov, and it's nowhere near as loud as another member who has the Corksport (all metallic) SRI + inlet and HKS bov.