User Tag List

Thread: MRT - ECUTEK for MPS Update - NOVEMBER 2009

Default MRT - ECUTEK for MPS Update - NOVEMBER 2009

Just got the MRT email magazine. Once again they spoke about our cars

Mazda MPS

Having tuned an Ex Mazda Australia Race car and now a number of custom tunes for Mazda 3 and 6 MPS examples with the newly revised and released ECUTEK tuning package, we're looking for more cars to hit home runs with (both early and new MPS range).

We're getting bucket loads of clients querying upgrade packages which we are yet to develop however ever car can be custom tuned whether dead standard or previously modified ... we'll find every safe kW that's lurking in there for you!

Check out the race car and new car pics here.

The good news is we have been told by the UK head office that the new model is very similar, all we need now are some cars for the 2009 model as well!!!

So call (02) 9767 4545 or email MRT anytime at info@mrtperformance.com.au for more info.

CHeers

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Yep got this as well. I wonder wat kind of upgrade packages they will offer

Maybe...

Angel eye headlights - MRT Stickers - Clear indicators - clip on 'brembo' brake decals

Sorry, Kidding.

Im sure they will develop their normal kits like they have for the WRX, EVO, LIBERTY...

XA -Panel Filter and tune
    XB -Exhaust, fuel pump?, cai and tune
    etc etc

Hey guys, ive been in contact with the boys at MRT, they basically go over ur Setup and tune to suit, Seems they have software to alter the stock tuning , and they give you a full warranty.

Seems a tad steep price wise,at $2000 esp for what it appears they do ,

Comments?

~Richie~

Quote Originally Posted by MPSboi View Post
    Hey guys, ive been in contact with the boys at MRT, they basically go over ur Setup and tune to suit, Seems they have software to alter the stock tuning , and they give you a full warranty.

Comments?

~Richie~
    Yea the warranty is what i liked about it also.

$2k?? WOW, that is steep, i think my brother only payed $900 for a ecutek tune.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

If it comes with full warranty 2k is fine by me

You don't really need a warranty if the company you use is a reputable one (like Chiptorque) If they know what they are doing, there shouldn't be a need for a warranty issue to arise. What will the warranty cover? A full engine build? Mazda have quoted me $15-16,000 for a replacement "short" motor.

Chiptorque offer a reflash for $800 - $1000, which leaves $1000 - $1200 for a piece of paper with "warranty" written on it

If you need a warranty, don't mod your car, simple as that, you void nearly all your official "Mazda" warranty if you mod. Ask people who have modded and blown stuff up, no piece of paper will help then, all companies will try to avoid the cost, it comes down to who has the better legal team most of the time.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Warranty is there because things do go wrong sometimes no matter how reputable the company or maker is.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSboi View Post

Comments?

~Richie~
    Agreed on that being too steep a price, the market for this stuff is right in the $800-$1000 zone.

But...it would be interesting to see the specifics of their "warranty" and what it actually covers. If motor damage occurs directly because of their tune is the cost of a rebuild etc covered?

I sent them a Email when i saw on here they were offering reflashs etc, ..

I advised the guy i had the full Cp-e exhaust, and intake fitted..and a set of fluffy dice,
    He said i would expect to see about 30 odd extra Kws at the wheels with my supporting mods from a retune,?

Does this sound about right .? Im still learning about this great little car.?

But ive also read here and on other MPS sites that the fuel pump is a bit of a bottle neck on these also .?
    There reflash would involve turning up the boost ,?
    Any help/ advice would be awesome, thanks guys

~Richie~

Intake, exhaust and retune should see you reach 200+kw atw

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Intake, exhaust and retune should see you reach 200+kw atw
    Sweet , but is that doable with the stock fuel pump and /or stock boost ?

Yes, with less boost actually.

I have 16psi boost and 203kw atw. Still running stock fuel pump.

We've had customers cars fitted with our TBE, SRI and then tuned with XEDE and 18psi boost (which is a safe level, considering std is 14.7psi) and got 205-210kw atw.
    Last edited by 2XS; 11-11-2009 at 11:40 AM.

I still don't get why reflash can gain more power with less boost compare to piggyback?
    apart from AFR, timing, boost, what else can contribute improving power and torque?

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    I have 16psi boost and 203kw atw. Still running stock fuel pump.

We've had customers cars fitted with our TBE, SRI and then tuned with XEDE and 18psi boost (which is a safe level, considering std is 14.7psi) and got 205-210kw atw.

Did you have the exh. manifold on with that dyno run as well?
    ^^^The message is up there stupid^^^