User Tag List

Thread: About to buy MPS 6

1. Default About to buy MPS 6

Hi ppls,

Looking to pick up a MPS 6 in the next couple of weeks. They barely exist down here in Tassie so heading to Melb. Recently had my worked '99 Rex written off by an idiot from Europe who forgot which side of the road to drive on!!! SEE PIC...

While the body is still mending from a couple of cracked ribs, thoughts of the MPS are alleviating the mental pain somewhat... but i still miss my baby

Currently looking at a couple of 2006 Luxury pack versions with low km's. I know they weigh in 50kg's heavier, but after my Rex i'm looking for some comfort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020183.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	1609  

to OzMPSClub!

Sorry to hear about you WRX...the Mazda will make up for it

ShootySnr, glad to hear you're ok, looks like a pretty nasty kinda crash.

MPS 6's are very nice, I love mine to bits You'll probably find it quite heavier than the WRX but after a while you do get used to the weight and once you know the limits they can be a sensationally fun car too! Perfect for all those great Tassie roads

Good hunting for the MPS
    Cheers
    Chris
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

4. Default

Thanks for the welcome guys! Just from my brief viewings today, the community you have going here looks fantastic. Really looking forward to the MPS 6. As you say shakespeare, getting used to the extra weight will take a little while but i have the roads to do it on

Your wheels look sensational by the way. I can't believe they are the standard ones painted black! I think I've just changed my mind about going down the RX-8 wheel path that seems so popular...

Gday mate.
    I just sold a MY00 Club spec evo IV WRX to get my MPS 6.

If you want some comparison info let me know.
    The good and the bad etc

TAssie hey, was just down in tassie visiting friends in launceston. I love it there!

CHeers

6. Default

Welcome ... good luck in your search for the glorious MPS6. Theres a hot black one for sale in Adelaide a guy here on the forum, check out the forsale section.

I think there may also be one or two other tassie members on here too, Rowan or Doug can confirm.

anway welcome so glad to have you here and another lover of the MPS6

Quote Originally Posted by ShootySnr View Post

Your wheels look sensational by the way. I can't believe they are the standard ones painted black! I think I've just changed my mind about going down the RX-8 wheel path that seems so popular...
    Thanks Mate, Lynchy gave me the idea when I saw pics of his 3 I'm really happy with the look!

Lynchy's MPS 3

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post

TAssie hey, was just down in tassie visiting friends in launceston. I love it there!
    I was there recently too, for a week helping a pharmacy in Mowbray, I love those Tassie roads, would love to take the MPS there one day
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

8. Default

Thanks nissanman, i test drove a MPS 6 about a year ago so have a basic understanding of the differences. Any insights appreciated though!

Yeah i saw the sweet black on black on in Adelaide blackbetty... bit far to travel at the moment unfortuneatly. I'll probably just paint the wheels and go stock for the next 12 months (kitchen reno currently in prog). After that might look at lowering and some mods... See how happy the 'boss' is with the kitchen ;P

The crash looks crazy!

Glad to hear you getting the MPS

ShootySnr

Glad your ok.....the subie looks like a mess tho.

Anyways....glad you like the MPS community...a friendly bunch of members.

Any questions you may have...shoot away....lots of ppl to answer them.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Welcome aboard and like it has been said Tassie is a great place as I was there holidaying (honeymoon) back in '86 for 4wks touring around in a motorhome....would love to go back and I have a mate in Hobart....Bathurst St.

welcome. sorry to hear bout your wrx. think u should enjoy the 6 though. all the best in purchasing!!

13. Default

thanks guys... bank is playing silly buggers taking their time. signing off 2morrow and hoping to get to Melb next week to test-drive/purchase.

taken so long now i'm almost bored with it all... but sure that will change once i test-drive a few! will post some pics when i bring my new baby home!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    Welcome aboard and like it has been said Tassie is a great place as I was there holidaying (honeymoon) back in '86 for 4wks touring around in a motorhome....would love to go back and I have a mate in Hobart....Bathurst St.
    Geeezz I was born in 86 :P

Welcome mate! Hope your shopping goes well

Enjoy your stay
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-